Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

2007 aspen will not shift out of limp home mode

Old 08-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Default 2007 aspen will not shift out of limp home mode

I have a 2007 aspen 2wd 4.7 flex. Car was great until last year I had to cross a small creek (less than a foot) and the traction control abs and engine lights came on. Engine light was for tps sensor so I changed it and all was well for a few months. Now it eats throttle position sensors, and throws a myriad of codes every time it acts up. Started as stalling at low speed. After waiting a few minutes it would fire up and be fine for a few days and do it again. Now it's stuck in limp home mode, will not shift out of 2nd and takes a lot of throttle to get moving. Trans surges power when going into D or R with a TCM input voltage low code. I've changed the fluid and filters (old fluid was clean but did it anyway) and just changed the shift solenoid. Now with a mopar TPS and shift solenoid pack no difference... I've chased this through the rabbit hole and am about to the end of my rope any ideas?

Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Trent Pilgrim;101493]I have a 2007 aspen 2wd 4.7 flex. Car was great until last year I had to cross a small creek (less than a foot) and the traction control abs and engine lights came on. Engine light was for tps sensor so I changed it and all was well for a few months. Now it eats throttle position sensors, and throws a myriad of codes every time it acts up. Started as stalling at low speed. After waiting a few minutes it would fire up and be fine for a few days and do it again. Now it's stuck in limp home mode, will not shift out of 2nd and takes a lot of throttle to get moving. Trans surges power when going into D or R with a TCM input voltage low code. I've changed the fluid and filters (old fluid was clean but did it anyway) and just changed the shift solenoid. Now with a mopar TPS and shift solenoid pack no difference... I've chased this through the rabbit hole and am about to the end of my rope any ideas? (Parts changed so far input and output speed sensors, TPS( finally got a mopar one from dealer) shift solenoid also from dealer. Cleaned th throttle body, MAPS sensor, ambient air temp sensor, throttle body gasket. Esim, gas cap, PCV small and large, The vacuum canister, vacuum hoses and that's about all I can think of now. I'm about to try the PCM replacement I'm at the end of my rope and just want my car back