Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Annoying squeeking from front of 08 Aspen

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 09:53 PM
Default Annoying squeeking from front of 08 Aspen

Anybody out there got an annoying squeekin from ur Aspen? I have been trying to track this down for a while with no luck. Ive tried spray lubricants at various points underneath. On ours, it has those two bars/rods that u can adjust for ride height/stiffness? It sounds like it might be towards the front of vehicle for them, i tried to grease em, i think it worked for just a short while? It squeeks over bumps, speedbumps, left/right of steering wheel...any ideas are appreciated...thanks.

Old 02-09-2018, 08:04 PM

On my 08 Aspen I had an annoying squeak everytime I turned the steering wheel more than a few degrees each way. In the footwell, near the pedals, where the steering shaft(?) meets the floor I sprayed some WD40 there and it solved the problem. I know your problem sounds a little different but just letting you know what I experienced with mine. If you want any more detail let me know and I will take a photo of the part i'm talking about when it's light tomorrow.

Old 02-09-2018, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by Solaris
On my 08 Aspen I had an annoying squeak everytime I turned the steering wheel more than a few degrees each way. In the footwell, near the pedals, where the steering shaft(?) meets the floor I sprayed some WD40 there and it solved the problem. I know your problem sounds a little different but just letting you know what I experienced with mine. If you want any more detail let me know and I will take a photo of the part i'm talking about when it's light tomorrow.
Sounds like a good start and idea. At this point i will try whatever i can. Thanks.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by wtygart
Anybody out there got an annoying squeekin from ur Aspen? I have been trying to track this down for a while with no luck. Ive tried spray lubricants at various points underneath. On ours, it has those two bars/rods that u can adjust for ride height/stiffness? It sounds like it might be towards the front of vehicle for them, i tried to grease em, i think it worked for just a short while? It squeeks over bumps, speedbumps, left/right of steering wheel...any ideas are appreciated...thanks.
I know this is an old thread but did you find the source of the noise?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:52 AM

I too are late to reply but my 08 Aspen had a terrible squeeking issue up front, like an old squeaky bed, found that the front torsion or stabilizer bar bushing were the problem. Purchased a set of poly bushings, noise gone, simple install and cheap, under 20 bucks and 4 bolts and a little prying to remove old bushings.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:23 PM

Same with mines. First drive I heard a squeaking sound driving over dip. Had to take it to shop for wheel bearing and they replaced the stabilizer bushings and both end links and when I picked it up haven't heard a suspension noise since!