Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

code p3425 and a Big headache

Old 05-26-2015, 10:27 PM

Seen that post and seems similar to mine but does not really explain to much other then taking it to the stealership which I refuse to pay them premium prices...

Will call my local mechanic tomorrow and see if it is ok to drive the way it is until I get back from out west, she seems to run like a dream other than the "fuel saver" message not appearing anymore.

from what I have searched and searched some people just drive it with this bad solenoid and say mds is terrible anyways and in a round about way made the hemi run better because they hate the mds feature.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:34 PM

But would love to hear from a Chrysler mechanic for sure!! Just do not have the time before I leave to get to this problem, cross my fingers.... but today, I drive almost one hour to work and the only reason I noticed anything wrong was because it was not going into fuel saver mode, like I said it runs perfect, very smooth and responsive no vibrations, runs so quiet you can not tell it running at idle or stop light.

Old 12-20-2021, 03:02 AM

my 5.7 hemi aspen has also the fault code P3425 and also a not working mds / cylinder deactivation.

I had measured all four solenoids. Remove the left wheelhouse the you see the connector on the left side, in the back of the cylinder.
Two of them had a contact fault in the switch. Every time i measured the resistance, with multimeter and small contacts, there is going better.

After cleaning the contacts it was a good resistance on all four solenoids.This is good since more than 1000miles.

Some others had faulty cables, from solenoids to switch, but there where looking good.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by maxtorbadass
Hi all new to this site

Have a couple questions concerning my 2008 aspen,

First is today the mds stopped working and found a code p3425, my question is I have a rather long trip to take in a few days and am wondering if running the Aspen with the mds malfunction will hurt anything? I am running 5w20 oil so that not the issue.

Second question is can a walworld brand synthetic 5w20 cause problems like this. I have had way to many problems with this since purchasing from gas cap message to egr valve to random missfire (p0300) and now this......
how do I bypass immobilizer on 2008 crystler 300

Old 01-01-2022, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
If it were my truck, I'd go ahead and repair the issue before a road trip, if only for the mpg gain (and to be SURE you're not going to be left stranded!). Or at least get it diagnosed by your local mechanic to rule out any other issues, particularly if you're experiencing any vibration, etc. when driving.

Here's a thread from someone that was experiencing similar issues awhile back -- https://www.chryslerforum.com/forum/...p-light-22261/

I'm not a mechanic (only shade tree), but there are Chrysler mechanics that hang around here that might have additional input for you.
I lost key for 2008 crystler 300 need help

Old 01-01-2022, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bdiff
how do I bypass immobilizer on 2008 crystler 300
Originally Posted by Bdiff
I lost key for 2008 crystler 300 need help
Why are you asking for help with your 300 in the Aspen section in a thread that has nothing to do with keys? I'd suggest doing a proper search for your issue in the correct section. If that yields no results, start your own thread with your issue in the proper section. However, if you lost your key, I'm sure the response you will get from everyone is see the dealer for a new key. No one here is going to tell you how to hotwire your car.