Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Done with my Aspen....it's going!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by 15951a\
Interesting that the 07 had the HP. My 2004 Durango that I traded, as well as my 08 Aspen, both have Wrangler SR-A tires. They've been great. I have family members that have them on trucks as well, with zero problems. Maybe Chrysler experimented with a cheaper tire, and then went back to the SR-A after complaints. Or maybe it's a function of the wheel size chosen. Did you have the 20 inch wheels on yours?
I have the 20" wheels, it would be interesting to see who got HP vs. SR-A

Here's a photo of the wear....its not clear in the photo but not only is the out side worn more but each of the sections is worn different if that makes any sense!

This is with 24k miles.

Attached Thumbnails Done with my Aspen....it's going!-aspen-tire.jpg  

Last edited by Mr_Slugger; 02-22-2009 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by LadySashya
I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been happy with your Aspen. You're done with yours but I'm just starting with mine! I just got home from purchasing a used 2007 Aspen, found it online and drove 4 hours each way to another state to get it. The drive home was perfect. I have to read the owners manual to familiarize myself with it better though. I am interested in the mudflaps if you can let me know what you're asking for them?
As far as being disappointed in your vehicle, I hope you have better luck with your Mercedes than I did with mine...it was a money pit. I bought it because of the German-built reputation but it had one thing after another go wrong with it and I will warn you, Mercedes figures that if you can afford the initial high $$$ investment of purchasing their car, then you can afford the outrageous cost for parts and service you'll be needing. For example, I asked if there was anything they could do to tighten up the passenger visor because it would continually droop down. They said they'd have to order a visor assembly at the cost of nearly $300 (for ONE simple visor!!) I politely told the dapper gentleman, "No thanks. I'll use duct tape" and smiled at his horrified expression! (no I didn't use duct tape but the comment was worthwhile!)
I just returned a leased Nissan Quest that was a candidate for the Lemon Law. It was my first and last Nissan (which must be Japanese for "sucker!"). I have owned 3 Mazdas, which I liked, 2 Honda's which I LOVED and still miss my '87 Honda Civic (had over 200,000 miles and hubby made me sell it...ya just couldn't kill that darlin'!), a PT Cruiser (loved the style but not much else), two Chevy's, a Mercury, a '98 Dodge Ram 1500 for my teenage son and two Durangos. (plus the Mercedes I mentioned). To be perfectly honest, these days unfortunately there is no sure fire way to find quality in a brand name, you will find "lemons" in every brand out there. I'm keeping a positive attitude about my newest addtion to our automobile family and hoping for the best. I'm so happy I found this forum!
I hope you do enjoy your Aspen, as I said its not been all bad but I guess it was just time for a change for me. I agree with the Merc money pit comments, I am bracing myself for future silly costs!!

The mudflaps are yours, just pay postage. They are in 2 smallish boxes, I will get a cost from the post office. Not sure if my email details come up here, if not email me with your contact info test.mail@talk21.com (not my primary address but one I dont mine putting here!)

Last edited by Mr_Slugger; 02-22-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:13 PM

Wow - sorry to hear you had such bad luck with your Aspen. We just got ours and love it! We previously owned a 2000 Durango and put 98,000 miles on it and not one problem with the powertrain. However, we did have a problem with the Wranglers wearing out too fast, but that was because of the ball joints, which were replaced under warranty.

We bought our 2008 Aspen with 17,000 miles on it and it's in Excellent condition. It's definitely not luxury, but it's a step above the Durango we had. The 4.7L is smooth and has plenty of power. We got 20MPG on a recent 300 mile trip. In the city with mixed driving it will drop down between 15 - 17 MPG. We plan to stick with our Aspen for a good while.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:54 PM

I have had several GoodYear tires, and they ALL wore prematurely. Stick with BF Goodrich, or a Michellen, and things will improve dramatically in the wear department.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:35 PM
Default Im out as well....

Im getting ready to get rid of mine as well. I bought a new 2008. Since new, its had a vibration they can not fix. It happens anywhere 80-120 kms which I drive most of the time. What is really upsetting is how much more it depriciates as I get the run around! It now has 12,000 kms on it. I paid $44,000 Cdn loaded. Im in Calgary Alberta, any offers. It will be soon sitting in front of the dealers with a nice sign on it.

Last edited by Mathew; 04-29-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Matthew--you might not want to posts your email address in a forum--the spambots will eat you alive.

OP--I don't think I saw any actual repairs in your post. True, the transmission might be headed that way. But we have come quite a way when the problem is MPG and possible repairs, rather than a bunch of actual repairs.

TrueDelta conducts a real-world gas mileage survey that includes questions on driving style and driving conditions, so people can find the responses that fit the driving they do.

Results for the Aspen here:

Real-world Chrysler Aspen gas mileage

Remember that US gallons are smaller than UK gallons. If you're thinking in UK terms, your US results will seem even worse than they are. Not that 11 isn't bad...