Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

New guy- Diablo i-3 review for anyone interested

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 03:30 PM
Default New guy- Diablo i-3 review for anyone interested

Hi all-
My name is Darik and this forum has actually helped me with my Aspen so I wanted to give back for what it’s worth..
I purchased a 2008 Aspen awd limited with approx 130k miles about a year ago as a back up/snow vehicle/toy type use… Shortly after the purchase, the vehicle would start lunging, shaking and coughing after driving for approximately 10-20 minutes..
Wouldn't stop unless you shut it off and let it sit and unhook and rehook up the battery before restarting..
I read on here about the MDS issues and that some people were keeping the vehicle in tow/haul mode to make it drivable by bypassing the MDS system..
I tried that and it seemed to work for the most part but MPG took a hit when driving on the highways & others in the family would often forget to put it into tow/haul mode immediately upon starting and that was a big pain the a$$..
Anyway, I just recently purchased the Diablo i3 tuner, and immediately updated it prior to using it and then went through all the steps and it absolutely seemed to have fixed most all my issues and improved the driving experience of the vehicle greatly!
All check engine lights have been erased and the MDS turned off and a couple other mod’s and the Aspen drives almost like a different vehicle..
Much better throttle response and overall power and runs smooth as can be for its age..
It even sounds better…
so, if anyone is on the fence about buying one of these things, and has any of the issues I described or possibly other ones I would definitely not hesitate to recommend this tuner. The other brands are likely just as good, but this is the only one that I have 1st hand experience with..
Total thumbs up and thanks to the folks on here that discussed these things and the problems they were having..

Old 01-06-2023, 11:51 AM

Welcome to the forum. Glad you got that working for you. Diablo does make some nice tuners.

Old 01-06-2023, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the welcome..
Some good information here.. Hard to find good details and information on these vehicles..