Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

New Owner 2008 Aspen Limited

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:34 AM
Default New Owner 2008 Aspen Limited

Hello all,

I recently got a decent deal on a new 08' Aspen Limited with 17 miles. It has the 5.7, 2nd row heated bucket seats, real chrome wheels, sunroof, leather, and that's pretty much it. No my gig, tow package, or running boards. Does have tow/haul button but no hitch.

I usually don't buy any extended warranties but this time the finance guy said they were giving all warranties at cost, so I picked up the 4yr/48k free oil change, tire/rims r/r, towing, and free rental car for $1400 bucks. I can cancel before the 3rd month or 1st free service and get my money back. Or cancel anytime and get it prorated. So what gives? Sounds too good to be true and usually that's the case. Anyone else pick this coverage up? Looks like I'll find out if the rental works for the warranty work as I have the vibration around 30-35 mph and 55-59 mph and taking in next week. I'll print up the thread on it and take it in. Besides that I was pretty impressed how smooth it drives. My new avalanche was very smooth but this is even a better ride. The steering is a little sensitive and will take some getting used to.

First things to be added are running boards(wanted oem painted ones but don't see them in black), grille, and tow hitch, then programmer, CAI, either my gig dvd nav with lockpik or aftermarket dvd nav.

I'm over on crossfireforum as well and now officially for the first time since 1993 I don't own a newer chevy truck(own a 68' Chevy SB). I picked a great time to have 2 Chryslers in the driveway.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:27 PM

Welcome, and enjoy your new ride.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Default aspen warranty

it should come with a lifetime powertrain warranty and check out http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ on the internet. they are the cheapest on orig. chrysler warrantys. also all warrantys are profit for the dealer. i got ripped off at my dealer on the warranty.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by mrprintman
it should come with a lifetime powertrain warranty and check out http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ on the internet. they are the cheapest on orig. chrysler warrantys. also all warrantys are profit for the dealer. i got ripped off at my dealer on the warranty.
The lifetime powertrain warranty is only for the original owner. I bought my 08 w/16k miles on it last year, and it only has the 3 year/36k warranty.

To the original poster: I think you got hosed. Extended warranties do not begin at the end of the 3 yr/36k factory warranty, but from the in-service date of the vehicle. As I understand it, you're paying $1,400 for oil changes for the next 31k miles and an additional 12k miles (or 1 year, whichever comes first) of covered warranty. If nothing goes wrong with your vehicle during that time, I think you just prepaid $280/each for 5 oil changes (based on normal service schedule at 6k intervals). Re: tires/wheels, a website was recently mentioned here that has $300 OEM wheels, and the tires are in the neighborhood of $200/each. A lot of things would have to go wrong for the dealer to lose money on this.

Edit: I just confirmed this. Chrysler extended warranties start from the original in-service date and 0 miles, so I think you just got ripped. The factory warranty already comes with towing, etc.

I just went to www.chryslerwarrantys.com and found the warranty you just bought for $1,010 with maximum care. For what you paid, they will sell you something in the neighborhood of a 6 year/70k maximum care Chrysler warranty.

Last edited by 15951a\; 06-14-2009 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:00 AM

Thanks that's the feedback I was looking for. It's not the maximum car warranty but very similiar. The only differences I could see is that oil changes are every 3 months regardless of miles (still only 4 times a year for 4 years), road hazard covers any wheels I have on vehicle (even aftermarket), still not worth it. I'll call tomorrow and cancel then purchase alot more coverage directly.

The Aspen does have the lifetime warranty, as I'm the original owner and in service date is 5/30/09. I paid $23,100 for it.
Thanks again,
Cruzin

Old 07-01-2009, 02:23 PM

my 08 has lifetime on all other parts the drive line warranty doesnt cover for 1700 i an do the oil changes my self so as long as we keep it its only 100 ded

Old 07-01-2009, 02:58 PM

I researched the web for the lifetime max care (chrysler only, any dealer can sell) when I bought my 07. I printed 3 quotes, brought them into my dealer, they matched it at $1,600 out the door. They of course started much higher, but once I showed them the other offers, they matched it. For the $1,400 bucks - cancel it.