Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Replacing the Brake light

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Default Replacing the Brake light

I'm trying to replace my brake on my 07 aspen and can't figure out how to take the cover off can someone help please.. thanks

Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 AM

scooterdad

Per the service manual, below are the instructions for removing the rear tail lamps:

Removal:
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Open the liftgate to access and remove the two plastic push-pin fasteners that secure the rear lamp unit to the side jamb of the liftgate opening pillar.
3. Pull the outboard side of the rear lamp unit rearward far enough to unsnap the two ball studs on the outboard side of the lamp housing from the two rubber grommets in the quarter panel.
4. Disengage the lock feature and disconnect the wire harness connector from the lamp pigtail wire connector.
5. Remove the lamp from the lamp opening of the quarter panel.

Installation:
1. Check to be certain that the two rubber grommets are in good condition and properly installed in the quarter panel.
2. Position the rear lamp unit to the lamp opening of the quarter panel.
3. Reconnect the wire harness connector to the lamp pigtail wire connector and engage the connector lock feature.
4. Align the two ball studs on the outboard side of the rear lamp housing with the two rubber grommets in the quarter panel.
5. Using hand pressure, push firmly and evenly on the outboard side of the lamp until both ball studs snap into the rubber grommets.
6. Install the two plastic push-pin fasteners that secure the rear lamp unit to the side jamb of the liftgate opening pillar.
7. Reconnect the battery negative cable.

Hope this information helps.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 PM

I never thought of that Duh... Thanks

Old 08-22-2011, 10:31 AM
Default Brake Lamp

I hope that information was able to help you. Have been able to access the lamp and repair it?