Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Uconnect Bluetooth Phone Pairing

  #1  
Old 09-01-2018, 07:29 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Default Uconnect Bluetooth Phone Pairing

Hello Forum,

Im new to the forum as we just purchased a 09 Chrysler Apsen, what i wanted to know before we made the deal final is:

If the radio's have bluetooth capabilities?

if so, Is there a monthly fee to use bluetooth capabilities or is it free?

How easy is it to pair?

Asking because are purchasing the vehicle in Fla but live in Ga which is now a hands free state so bluetooth is a MUST now so we avoid tickets.

 
  #2  
Old 09-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by 09AsPeNn View Post
Hello Forum,

Im new to the forum as we just purchased a 09 Chrysler Apsen, what i wanted to know before we made the deal final is:

If the radio's have bluetooth capabilities?

if so, Is there a monthly fee to use bluetooth capabilities or is it free?

How easy is it to pair?

Asking because are purchasing the vehicle in Fla but live in Ga which is now a hands free state so bluetooth is a MUST now so we avoid tickets.
My 09 was easy to pair and has Bluetooth, no fee.

I have the larger nav screen, if that matters.....
 
  #3  
Old 09-02-2018, 12:05 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 262
Default

It would be difficult for any of us to know "IF" you have the Bluetooth in your Aspen or not. Not all of them do. My radio has the buttons for the Bluetooth, but apparently does not have the module for it to work. Only way to know is to follow the instructions and try to connect to it. I have never heard of a Bluetooth connection which requires a monthly fee on any device.
 
  #4  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:27 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Okay heres a picture of the radio, maybe this will help:

If anyone has this one or it looks familiar please chime in
 
  #5  
Old 09-02-2018, 06:53 PM
Junior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Rawyzf View Post
My 09 was easy to pair and has Bluetooth, no fee.

I have the larger nav screen, if that matters.....
Rawyzf, so i called chrysler and it apparently does not have bluetooth/navigation so i wanted to know from you what model factory radio you have that has navi/bluetooth so i can try to find one pre owned possbily.
 
  #6  
Old 09-02-2018, 08:20 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by 09AsPeNn View Post
Rawyzf, so i called chrysler and it apparently does not have bluetooth/navigation so i wanted to know from you what model factory radio you have that has navi/bluetooth so i can try to find one pre owned possbily.
I took a few pics, let me know if you need more info.





 
  #7  
Old 09-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 262
Default

Their are 8 different radio models for our Aspens. 4 of which have the full LCD displays like yours. What you need to look at is the 3 letters in the bottom right corner of the radio. Mine is "REN". This is the model number for the radio. Mine also has the "U-Connect" buttons (top right two buttons) which is for the Bluetooth option. Again, simply having these buttons does not mean you have the full feature of Bluetooth as you also need the separate "U-Connect" module installed and programmed to your radio. This module retails about $400 plus install and programming to your vehicle which only a dealer can program.

I'm guessing Rawyzf has the "RER" unit as he has GPS. Even if you were to replace your unit with a RER unit (which I found one on Ebay for around $425 but they retail for over $1000), you still wouldn't have the full Bluetooth feature as you still wouldn't have the additional module. You also won't be able to utilize the GPS feature as you wouldn't have all of the components needed to get it working properly. You still would need the GPS antenna and possible a couple more components. These radios don't simply swap out without having all of the additional components needed to make them work as everything is not installed in the unit itself.

You would probably be better off and cheaper switching to aftermarket. You can get a double din radio (the size of our radios) for much less and get one which has all of the features you are wanting. Including GPS, Bluetooth, back-up camera, and much more all in one unit. You can even get adapters to get the factory steering wheel controls to operate the radio. I would recommend visiting a local car audio shop and see what they have to offer. Other options would be to get the "U-Connect" module and get it installed as you will need it regardless of which OEM radio you use or get a Bluetooth headset which is what I do.
 
  #8  
Old 09-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Member
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 84
Default

Originally Posted by calamity coyote View Post
Their are 8 different radio models for our Aspens. 4 of which have the full LCD displays like yours. What you need to look at is the 3 letters in the bottom right corner of the radio. Mine is "REN". This is the model number for the radio. Mine also has the "U-Connect" buttons (top right two buttons) which is for the Bluetooth option. Again, simply having these buttons does not mean you have the full feature of Bluetooth as you also need the separate "U-Connect" module installed and programmed to your radio. This module retails about $400 plus install and programming to your vehicle which only a dealer can program.

I'm guessing Rawyzf has the "RER" unit as he has GPS. Even if you were to replace your unit with a RER unit (which I found one on Ebay for around $425 but they retail for over $1000), you still wouldn't have the full Bluetooth feature as you still wouldn't have the additional module. You also won't be able to utilize the GPS feature as you wouldn't have all of the components needed to get it working properly. You still would need the GPS antenna and possible a couple more components. These radios don't simply swap out without having all of the additional components needed to make them work as everything is not installed in the unit itself.

You would probably be better off and cheaper switching to aftermarket. You can get a double din radio (the size of our radios) for much less and get one which has all of the features you are wanting. Including GPS, Bluetooth, back-up camera, and much more all in one unit. You can even get adapters to get the factory steering wheel controls to operate the radio. I would recommend visiting a local car audio shop and see what they have to offer. Other options would be to get the "U-Connect" module and get it installed as you will need it regardless of which OEM radio you use or get a Bluetooth headset which is what I do.
RER is correct for me.

Like mentioned above, there are a crap ton of cheap options with bluetooth. Also, crutchfield comes with many of the adaptors and harnesses needed, and install guides.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
digimaxpr
Chrysler Aspen
1
02-26-2017 07:10 PM
lastpacifica
General Tech
9
01-21-2016 07:36 AM
butzz317
Chrysler 300, 300C & 300C SRT-8
0
08-14-2014 10:19 PM
megawalt
General Tech
0
01-13-2013 08:56 AM
Tattoo You
Forum Issues
1
03-07-2008 09:11 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uconnect Bluetooth Phone Pairing


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.