Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

UConnect question

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Default UConnect question

I just had UConnect installed this week in my 07 Aspen and I have a question that I cannot find an answer to in the documentation - my Uconnect frequently seems to be calling my "phone", not just when I am first getting in the car but randomly while I am driving around. Anyone know why this is?

Old 03-13-2008, 07:42 PM
Default RE: UConnect question

Your vehicle actually rings your cell phone? Sounds like it needs to be reset and then pair the twoagain.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 PM

I did hae the U connect installed but I am still learning it. I don't know if it is my phone or the Uconnect but my Uconnect frequently at random all of a sudden calls my brother, as I am driving along it will act like it is getting ready to make a call and it just says "phone" on my nav display but isn't calling anyone actually - sometimes after 30secs it will say "phone call complete" or I just hit the phone button on the uconnect to end it. I noticed it does try to connect every time I get a text message or turn on my phone to look at the calander or check something on my phone. So I have some really weird happenings but I am also still learning the uconnect.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 PM

Hmmmm.... My phone roams for the truck, my bluetooth logo comes on my cell phone screen, and thats it. If I want to make a call from my cell phone, I bring up my contact list on my cell phone (too lazy to put numbers in the truck), push send, and the UConnect takes over. The one thing I have found is my wifes phone is set at priority one, but if I'm in the truck first, my bluetooth connects, then when my wife gets in, most times the truck will figure out that both phones are present and my wifes phone is the first priority. But there has been the odd time that my phone will take priority over hers, even tho my phone is set at priority 2. As for your problem, I would think it would have to do with the phone, is it set on hands free or something? I dunno.

I haven't yet paired ourphones in the Aspen, soI don't know what will happen on the Nav Screen, I would assume that it will come up as cell, just the same as it comes up inmy truck.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:07 PM

I was able to play with it long enough to figure out that there is something triggering my phone's voicetags to dial which then triggers my Uconnect to dial so I deleted the voicetags on my phone since I did it to play with the handsfree before I got my Uconnect. The only thing weird it did today was act like it was calling my phone so it seems most of the issues so far were my phone being triggered by Uconnect to call, not the other way around - how weird.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:06 PM

I was able to pair the phones in the Aspen tonight. Works just like the truck. Glad to hear you have it worked out! I think UConnect, or something like it, is the way to go when driving.