Chrysler Aspen This new SUV adds a luxury touch to the performance and quality that you would expect from a Chrysler Corp. SUV.

Uconnect question

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 08:46 AM
Default Uconnect question

Just started playing around with the Uconnect feature for hands free phone operation, and I really like it. Question I have is, as you navigate through the voice menus, the computer voice always adds on a line about "if you need emergency assistance" and "if you need towing". It is really annoying to have to listen to those menu options every single time I want to just make a regular call. I know that you can disable the menu prompts all together (we probably will once we become familiar enough and no longer need the prompts at all), but is there a way in the short term to get it to stop asking me if I need emergency or towing assistance.

Old 02-21-2011, 03:08 PM

I too have found the voice "recognition" in need of serious inprovement. So to bypass all that anoying stuff. I just use my speed dial feature on my BB to call home and family and friends that I frequently call. The UConnect comes on immediately after and I can continue the call with out any other action by me with my phone.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:30 PM

It sounds like you're waiting for voice prompts, and the system is trying to help you. Next time, press the UConnect button, and right after you hear the beep, tell it to "call" or "dial". If you don't want to wait for yet another prompt, then speak the number or name right away.

For example, I have an entry for "home" in my cell phone. I can press the UConnect button, and right after the beep say "call home", and it does so after a confirmation prompt (e.g. "Do you mean call home?"). If I were to wait around after the beep, then it would list options as you're describing.

You can even get rid of the confirmation prompt. Just say "UConnect setup" after the beep, then say "confirmation prompts", then say "off".

I find the system to be very user friendly, and it almost always understands my voice. No issues here.

Old 02-22-2011, 07:10 AM

Ya like I said, I knew I could shut the prompts off completely, but until we all get familiar with the menus, we are just leaving them on. Honestly though, I didn't know I could rush it that quickly, and I also didn't know I could do a "call home" combination. I have been doing "call", then waiting for the prompt, then "home". I never tried combining them in one command. That in itself has just improved my outlook of Uconnect. Thanks!

Overall, I have been very impressed with how well it recognizes my voice. it doesn't do as good with my wifes for some reason, but whe is working on annunciating more and it seems to be ok with her.