Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

06 Pacifica issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2018, 10:39 PM
Default 06 Pacifica issues

Have an 06 Pacifica that had the usual broken pink plastic shift skreem cable interlock issue not shifting from park to reverse etc. due to spring perch being broken. Replaced w/ aluminum replacement from dorman and now has new issues .
what it’s doing- shifts out of park when ignition is turned on but brake is not depressed. Locks shifter when brake is applied!
what I’ve done so far:
removed aftermarket alarm & auto start previous owner had installed.
in doing so I had to re-connect the gray & pink wires -3 of them.
2 were from the wiring harness to the ignition switch & the 3rd was from the skreem module to the harness.
I taped up all other skinned wires that had wiring from the aftermarket alarm system wrapped around the original harness wires & then tried the operation of the shifter. Still locked when brake is applied w/ ignition on. & unlocked when brake is not applied. You can here the shift interlock solenoid at rear of shifter power up upon turning ignition on there for unlocking the shifter to shift w/ out the brake applied.
I have also replaced the bcim or bcmi the fuse box under the hood & cleared up the grounds from that unit to the unibody that’s below the drivers side headlight.
I’ve also replaced the brake light switch.
When removing the brake light switch as explained before the switch is un depressed shift interlock solenoid is in locked position ie- brake depressed
when switch plunger is depressed the park interlock solenoid is unlocked & the shifter can move from park to reverse etc.
For some reason this cars interlock is receiving a backwards signal in shifter operation.
Please please help I’m at my whits end here.