Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

10K maintanance, do I need all?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 02:50 PM
Default 10K maintanance, do I need all?

My Chrysler Pacifica 2020 has been running well enough. The oil life is now at 1% and I have 8,500 miles since purchase. I see when I go to the dealership it's suggesting oil change at $108, rotate tires $40, and inspect CV joints $40.

I normally just roll to a local walmart oil change, but wondering if I should go into dealership since I'm close to that 10K mile mark. Also, if I don't do the CV join inspection does any of this void any warranty in the future?

TIA!

Old 04-12-2022, 08:30 PM

I guess Chrysler does not have 2 year free maintenance like every other car company on the planet. Oil, yes but other options like Walmart or similar I would expect to be cheaper.. Rotate tires, yes if you cannot do them yourself. Inspect CV joints, I would not pay for them to take a 2 minute look around for grease or leaks. If they see an issue while changing the oil with the CV joints it should be covered under warranty. Not inspecting should not have an impact on the warranty.

Last edited by brian3; 04-12-2022 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by brian3
I guess Chrysler does not have 2 year free maintenance like every other car company on the planet. Oil, yes but other options like Walmart or similar I would expect to be cheaper.. Rotate tires, yes if you cannot do them yourself. Inspect CV joints, I would not pay for them to take a 2 minute look around for grease or leaks. If they see an issue while changing the oil with the CV joints it should be covered under warranty. Not inspecting should not have an impact on the warranty.
Thank you! I actually traded in both of my super old cars for new cars over the past 12 months, and neither the Chrysler or Hyundai dealerships gave me any free maintenance. But, they BOTH tried to upsell me on extra coverage on maintenance for around $4-$5K each which I guess might have covered some of these, but I passed.

Old 04-14-2022, 10:01 AM

No need to go to the dealer for routine maintenance but keeping the receipts is necessary in the event their are engine issues down the road.

The tire rotation is a good thing and the price is ok. I paid $30 for tire rotation on my 2014. The tire rotation allows the brakes to be checked and the shop I used did not charge extra for looking at them.

Skip the CV joint inspection, with the tire rotation it is a quick 2 minute look over as brian3 noted.

I do my own oil changes so I do not know the going rate but will note your engine takes over 6 quarts and with a filter is probably about $50 in dealer parts and adding $50 for labor (1/2 hour) seems to be in the ball park.

Other outlets may have cheaper oil change prices but they do need to use the proper oil for the change and properly tighten the wheel lug nuts. I avoid quick lube places especially those that offer to top off all your fluids as some fluids do not mix well. There is no need to use an air gun to install the oil pan drain plug.

Ask around for mechanic recommendations, word of mouth is a good reference. I have a local shop that is very good and some chain stores are very good locally. ASE technicians are a definite plus.

As a note, check out the maintenance schedule in the owners manual for routine maintenance, every 10,000 miles is not required.

Old 04-15-2022, 02:08 PM

Go to any garage, even Walmart for an oil change and ask them to check the boots on the CV joints and have them do a tire rotation. Walmart has a package that they will rotate tires for life and patch any leaks, it's very cheap. Just keep the receipt showing oil/filter change, tire rotation and CV boot inspection. Look in your owners manual for what needs to be done for the amount of miles you have driven and do only those things. My wife has a Cadillac XT5 and it was 3 years free maintenance, that was nice but all it amounted to was oil changes, and tire rotation. I changed the air filter and cabin filter and they were still clean after 3 years. My 69 R/T needed an air filter every 6 months. We have an F&F tire world by me and they charge about 25 dollars for an oil change and filter. It costs me 39 dollars for Mobil 1 and a synthetic oil filter every 6 thousand miles on my 2005 Pacifica