Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2004, Driver door will not shut/handle does not work

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Default 2004, Driver door will not shut/handle does not work

OK, bare with me. My wifes door would not shut one day, the latch was stuck and the inside door handle was stuck in the out position. I removed the door panel and was able to push the cable into the sleeve, this allowed the door to shut.

The new problem is that the outside handle will not work, the manual door lock will not work, the remote button (fob or door) lock will not work, and if you pull the inside handle too far it sticks open and the door wont shut. The funny part (funny irritating not funny haha) is that if you press kinda hard on the manual door lock in the unlock direction, the door will unlock and the inside handle snaps back and the door closes.

All this nonsense says to me that the lock is locked and wont come out. I did read one post that said to disconnect your battery. I have not tried this, hard to believe, but i will, but I have not had window or seat issues.

As for the module itself, it appears to have been built into the door. I think I almost broke the window trying to get it out. Any ideas on that front?

Any and all help is appreciated, I really don't want to take the car to the dealer. Next I'll ask about the intermittent oil pressure light....

Old 10-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

new door latch updated cables and latch cover I have had to do several now.