Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica 3.5 killing me

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 08:48 AM
Default Iratic idle

Originally Posted by Mrmurray33
I got every code to go away but the p2074. I have changed the IAC twice. Changed the TPS twice. Have tried to change everything I could think of that was related to the code and nothing is working. I tried to check for leaks and couldn’t find any but I’m not a mechanic but didn’t see any indication of leaks. I just want to pass inspection and nothing is working. Please help if anyone knows anything that may be the cause of this to keep coming back on after I clear it. I’m trying to pass inspection and this it won’t until this is figured out.
My son called the other day with his 04 Pacifica making a noise, throwing codes, idle ruff and transmission shifting into second by itself. When driving after resetting codes the engine would run ruff at a stop light and shift into second gear by itself (limp mode) I had him check the alternator because Pacificas have a decoupling pulley on the alternator that goes bad. We live in different states so I have the tools he doesn't to change the pulley. He went and got a different alternator and all codes are gone, it idles perfect and no transmission shifting problems. These pulleys can ruin everything connected to the belt. The pulley will turn one way freely and lock the other way, if it doesn't replace it.