Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica AWD 3.5L v6 No Start problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Default 2005 Pacifica AWD 3.5L v6 No Start problem

Hello all, I am at my wits end on this, and was hoping someone on this forum may have some insight on my issue with my 2005 AWD Pacifica 3.5l v6

Issue- Vehicle was running fine one night at work, after driving it to pick up food for lunch I was sitting idling with the A/C to cool off and after some time had past my A/C got warm (60 degrees) compared to the usual 38-40 Degree it puts out. I turned off the engine normally and cranked it back over while it cranked it started for maybe 2 seconds sputtered then stalled. After this event I tried to start again only to hear the engine crank with no fire and after a 10 second or so crank I heard a hiss/pop noise to see that my vacuum hoses on my plenum popped off, this issue has been gone on for about 3 weeks now.

What I have done- I have removed the air intake filter box and plenum after attempting starter fluid directly into the plenum as I cranked I heard a loud smack like pop coming from the plenum then removed all of the past pieces to get to the valves. I then proceeded down to my valve covers to make sure they all were functioning while I cranked the engine (they were both sides). I then changed the Camshaft and Crankshaft sensors, reassembled the covers to the intake with new gaskets and spark plugs spaced correctly. I then unplugged the battery and all the wires on the bottom of the tipm to reset the computer. The problem remained unchanged, I then disassembled my ignition switch down to the actuator to make sure my ignition switch wasn't damaged. After that test the vehicle cranked the same by turning the actuator with a screwdriver as when I cranked with the key. After that reassembly I then checked all my fuses and Relays in my Tipm and none were damaged or not showing power. I then checked my ECM and Ground wires to ensure I had no blown/burnt pins on my ECM and That I was Grounding on the 4 frame wires and 2 Engine/Transmission Wires (which grounded fine). I then proceeded to think I'm not grounding efficiently enough and ran a test by running a negative jumper to a ground on the engine block from the negative terminal (both negative feeds) engine crank had no change. Then I made sure to hear my fuel pump engage on the ON position for the first 3-6 second fuel prime (did engage). I have also dropped my catalytic converter to confirm it wasn't clogged running too much back pressure on the engine causing the vacuum hoses to pop off (no change). I then plugged in a code reader to have no codes available (no engine light either) after running diagnostics the only code that came up was stating my battery had been unplugged within the last 50 start ups. Lastly my serpentine belt is in good condition with no fray/damage or squealing on the pulleys.

Any Ideas or Suggestions would be much appreciated as I am running out of ideas of what to test/correct on my vehicle. Thanks in advance to all who inquire.

Old 10-26-2017, 05:10 AM

Check the timing belt