Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2005 Pacifica Touring AWD Klunking noise up front

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Default 2005 Pacifica Touring AWD Klunking noise up front

Hi, all new here!

I have a 2005 AWD Pacifica with some trouble

RESOLVED
1_ A Sound in the right front Suspention area. sounded like PLOK on bump and hole.

++Was the sway bar bushing!

RESOLVED
2_ The engine was moving a lot when going on reverse or forward.

++ Was the Engine ANCHOR some kind of mount under the airbox

STILL SEARCHING
3_ Now i have an other klunking noise when i give it some gaz from death stop. Fell like the suspention is stretching more than it should be! Can hear a clunk in the front and can be feeled in the car!

I dont have any clue of what it could be.. any feedback welcome!!!

Old 08-16-2013, 02:39 PM

I have a 04 I checked all the bushings and such but when I break its clanking under my pedals and thuds the floor. Same issue?

Old 08-17-2013, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by mythy
I have a 04 I checked all the bushings and such but when I break its clanking under my pedals and thuds the floor. Same issue?
No dont have tha noise.

You, it could be brake or front lower control arm problem

Last edited by Stephane Parent; 08-17-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 04:37 PM

I have a 2005 AWD Pacifica with some trouble

RESOLVED
1_ A Sound in the right front Suspention area. sounded like PLOK on bump and hole.

++Was the sway bar bushing!

RESOLVED
2_ The engine was moving a lot when going on reverse or forward.

++ Was the Engine ANCHOR some kind of mount under the airbox

STILL SEARCHING
3_ Now i have an other klunking noise when i give it some gaz from death stop. Fell like the suspention is stretching more than it should be! Can hear a clunk in the front and can be feeled in the car!

++ Find out the the front engine mount was badly beated!! Changed it and after a 4 wheels alignment the truck feel pretty damn good.

No more sound , vibration and clanking noise!!

Old 09-13-2013, 01:16 AM

I have a 2007 with 75k on it. Have the same thing under accretion and braking. Under the right front.And can not find it

Old 09-14-2013, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin Matney
I have a 2007 with 75k on it. Have the same thing under accretion and braking. Under the right front.And can not find it

It may be the engine mount Had to change mine. (tough job) it is under the engine in the front. Plus you can check the top mount situated under the Air box.
Let me know

Old 09-16-2013, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Matney
Had the same problems. now 85k. After removing one noise another appeared just days/weeks later. have changed all the steering/suspension parts the last year in desperation(except the struts). The sway bar bushings was one source. The swaybar links another. Sway bar link nuts later was loose again - retightened with extra locking gear. Mounted rubber gaskets on front half shaft/hubs(TSB 03-002-06 - applies to 04 to 06) which removed another noise. Changed the coil springs(they both broke with weeks between) and strut bearings. Changed all the ball joints. Changed the wheelhubs. Changed the control arms which took away another noise... Then it was quiet for some weeks until it started again with a bad ratteling. It appears that the right shock absorber are loose/moving inside the strut! next will be to change the struts. A never ending story... Never changed the engine mounts. May be the next noise to come???
Also heard about several cases with loose bolts in sub frame making noise.

Last edited by haio; 09-16-2013 at 07:29 AM.