Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2006 Pacifica Halogen To OEM Xenon HID

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 03:11 PM
Default 2006 Pacifica Halogen To OEM Xenon HID

I recently just purchased the OEM Xenon HID headlight assemblies to replace both halogen headlights on my 2006 Pacifica. I got them used for a good price on eBay. When I connect the lights every light works except for the HID's. The HID lights did come on for a few seconds when I first connected them but they won't come on again. Does anyone know if there is a different wiring harness that is needed for the stock HID headlights vs the halogen one? Do you know the part number? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 05-10-2018, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

your headlights are controls by a computer in the fuse box so hooking up something with a different resistance would cause them not to work or short out the internals of the computer driver for the bulbs.

Last edited by CHRYSLER TECH; 09-04-2021 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Default Question

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
your headlights are controls by a computer in teh fuse bx so hooking up something with a different resistance would cause them not to work or short out the internals of the computer driver for the bulbs.

Hear like a grinding noise when I turn my Pacifica off... Don't think it's the starter cause it starts fine. Noise is only a couple seconds. What could it be. Car has oil in it. Any help would be great..

Old 09-01-2021, 11:07 AM

Sorry to bump this super old thread, but was this issue able to be resolved? I would like to upgrade my 05 Pacifica's headlights to the OEM HID setup but am wondering if there is a DRBIII procedure or something else needed in addition to just plugging the units in. Anyone have experience with the upgrade?

Old 10-28-2021, 05:30 PM

I replaced all of the bulbs (interior and exterior) for my 2008 AWD Pacifica - with LEDs. Cheaper - brighter and less of a headache. There are no ballast issues - voltage conversions or relay/fuse issues. The are simply just "plug and play" Ive had them for about 3 years now and they still burn just as bright as the day I installed them. And I didnt have to replace my headlights.

Last edited by stephenjxn; 10-28-2021 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

The bulbs in question on this thread are the headlight bulbs not inside bulbs.

Old 10-31-2021, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
The bulbs in question on this thread are the headlight bulbs not inside bulbs.
However, I was replying to his initial comment about replacing his halogen headlight assemblies with the HID headlight assemblies for his vehicle. I assumed, he was replacing the halogen headlights with HIDs because the bulbs are brighter and last longer than the halogens. It would have been cheaper...in my opinion...to just replace his original headlight's halogen bulbs with LEDs. LED technology has surpassed HID technology. And the interior and rear exterior (tail light, turn signal reverse, and license plate) bulbs can also be just as easily replaced. Which is what I have done.

In his defense...The HID Projector type lens does "look" cooler and updates the front of the vehicle. I would probably update my headlights to the projector-style if I can get individual low beam and high beam projector-type lenses in one assembly.