Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

2017 Pacifica Homelink Setup Help Needed

Old 11-15-2017, 09:42 AM
Default 2017 Pacifica Homelink Setup Help Needed

I've just about exhausted myself trying to get my Homelink programmed in my 17 Limited. I've been to the depths of Google, Youtube, and even the owner's manual and I just cannot get it to work no matter what I try. I figured I would try here prior to giving up all hope and calling their 800 number lol.

I think the problem could be a combination of my older garage door opener and the generic "Clicker" brand transmitter that I received when I purchased my home. I'd just like to get some insight and see if there is something simple I'm missing here.

The door opener is a Sears Best/Craftsman 1/2 hp (mfg 1993). It's a rolling code opener with the learn button.
The transmitter is a "Clicker" brand universal remote.

Here's where it gets weird...the transmitter is fixed code, programmed via dip switches and is not a rolling code/learning type of remote even though the garage door opener is.

I've tried EVERYTHING. I've tried all techniques for programming a rolling code AND all techniques for a fixed code and nothing is happening. The Homeconnect buttons never learn the code. I just get a slow blinking orange light no matter what technique I'm using. I've cleared its memory between every attempt. No dice. Help!

Old 12-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Default solved!

Hi I was in the same boat. Hours doing it over and over trying to pair my 2004 Genie Intellicode garage door opener with my 2018 Chrysler Pacifica homelink garage door opener.

Then I found this video on youtube
. The missing link was using both the remote AND the garage door opener learn button. The remote DID program with the homelink in the car. But homelink still would not open the garage door. So I went to the garage door learn button and pressed it. Then went back to the car and pressed the homelink button again. And voila. The next push the door closed. A miracle.

In summary, the remote taught the homelink. And the homelink taught the garage door opener. Who woulda thought? Note if you watch the video, my car is one year newer and I was didn't see a "train" or "program" code on my dash display as he did on his 2017.