Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

AV Questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:37 PM
Default AV Questions.....

We have a 2007 Pacifica and are looking to get some AV stuff done to it. For one, we enjoy watching movies while we drive, as we have done for years in my truck. Yes, it's not the absolute safest, but if you are careful, and especially when it's a slow night..... it's great.

We have the built in DVD player, but no rear screen and no remote. What I would like to be able to do is to not only install a better screen in the back, but also a small screen on the passenger visor. In addition to those easy marks.... I would love to have a toggle switch to switch the HUD from the NAV to the DVD, so the driver could watch.safely. Ideas? Has anyone done anything similar?

Again, this is the basic 2007 Pacifica Touring with the 7 speakers etc......

Also, has anyone else had problems with these crappy speakers?

Old 11-12-2007, 07:31 PM
Default RE: AV Questions.....

i have a set of head phones and remote for sale out of a 04 pac

Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM

OK. Will those headphones and remote work the 2007 DVD unit?

What about the other main questions? Any ideas?

Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Guido1

We have a 2007 Pacifica and are looking to get some AV stuff done to it. For one, we enjoy watching movies while we drive, as we have done for years in my truck. Yes, it's not the absolute safest, but if you are careful, and especially when it's a slow night..... it's great.

We have the built in DVD player, but no rear screen and no remote. What I would like to be able to do is to not only install a better screen in the back, but also a small screen on the passenger visor. In addition to those easy marks.... I would love to have a toggle switch to switch the HUD from the NAV to the DVD, so the driver could watch.safely. Ideas? Has anyone done anything similar?
You're joking, right?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:59 PM

I can attest to the speakers. The Infinitys are not terrible but what really bothers me on my 07 is the horrid sound stage. Sounds like everything coming from the floor. And who designed the speaker grills? You might as well put your speakers in a can. I'm considering cutting out the factory grills and fabricating my own.

But DVD on the dash screen???? I've heard it done on another forum but that's just silly... not to mention most states consider any DVD/TV screen in drivers line of site illegal.

The rest is a doable project with a pro installer. Check credentials of the guy. Make sure he can really pull off the quality your looking for. Especially for a job this big.

Good luck.