Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Both STSS and Oil light

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Angry Both STSS and Oil light

2008 Pacifica AWD 4.0L engine - 87K miles
I am getting both the "Service Tire System Soon" and Oil Warning. It has been a concert in my car with the bings and chimes going off every 10 seconds. It's ANNOYING!!

The oil light and Service Tire System Soon message are playing tag team notification. Both were coming on and staying on when I start the vehicle. Checked the oil level and it was fine. I didn't notice any noise or rattle coming from the engine. Air pressure was fine. I checked the air pressure with both the onboard computer and a handheld tire gage. 36 PSI. I quickly research on this forum, threads concerning the oil pressure light and the STSS message. An overwhelming majority seem to agree that the oil pressure sender (switch) needs to be replaced and possibly check the TPMS Sensors for "low battery" or damage. Since I have no problems with my local Chrysler stealership I made an agreement to leave the vehicle there overnight for the next day's appointment.

The stealership charged a $125 for a diagnostic test and eventually had the oil pressure sender (switch) replaced. The TPMS was check and they found nothing wrong. After paying for my rape, I mean repair, They stated everything was fine. Took my keys, started her up, and lo and behold what was the first thing to greet me? the Oil Warning and STSS concert and light show!!! WTH!!! I've been raped and robbed? Went back to stealership and they can't make me an appointment for the next 2 weeks. Makes you want to kick someone in the throat

What is the deal with this and why can't these issues be FIXED!!! New TPMS monitors may not fix the problem because the current TPMS monitors are not that old and were replaced with the new tires 9 months ago. They have been working flawlessly since until now. New oil pressure sensor and still I get the oil pressure light after "everything checks out"

What am I missing here? Any suggestions on what to do next?