Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Brake causes click in console

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 07:28 PM

Please delete Double post.

Last edited by Djinn-n-Tonic; 05-20-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:38 PM

"One More for the "NAY" column"....

It has always been there, it always will be there, And in the event it isnt there, Your car will not come out of PARK.

It is Possible that it may be Louder now than it was when the car was new...But it is more likely related to the coffee cup that spilled into the console, than THE IMPOSSIBILITY of Damage from rotor Replacement. It Just CANNOT happen.

I have been a mechanic for well over 20 years and so I know what my heightened hearing is looking for
A 20 year veteran doesnt ask a question like this either.After 20 years, You Know what it does, and How it works, So you also Know that it cant Possibly have anything to do with Brake pads or rotors, and as for warnings of things to come....Your Shift interlock MIGHT Lock you in park, But after 20 years you should Know that is as slim of a shot as being caused by rotor replacement.

To a Layman, It makes sense. I step on the brake and it makes a funny noise, so it must be caused by something in the Brakes. Understandable process of logic, however untrue it may be, But from a seasoned professional????? Cmon now......

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 AM

that clicking sound is normal. My wife's new Mazda 3 has that clicking sound when you press the brake to get out of Park.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by geodane
The sound is from the console not the brakes themselves. I have been a mechanic for well over 20 years and so I know what my heightened hearing is looking for and this sound is not from the fluid. I can also state that the sound may be a coincidence to the rotor change but it was not there before. But thanks for the expert reply from the Chrysler Tech.
Now its 3 to 1 the. Click was there all along, you didnt hear before because the things going on around you. I turn wrenches and the click just started as he was explainig. In .my .my vehicle!! I did a wheel bearing on it a few months ago, but thats not the cause! I'm gonna check it out though

Old 05-10-2019, 07:57 PM

Mine started clicking after the front brakes were changed for the first time and has been there ever since. Clear as day after, was not there before.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:16 PM

Same. If the sound was there before it was inaudible. After front break change, now theres a click. And this is the third time I've changed the front breaks, and I'm sure they were changed before I got it when it was 2 years old. A 2014 300c

Old 11-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Guys the shift interlock inside the car is electrical. Brake pedal is depressed and the solenoid clicks and moves the rod. Changing brakes will not change anything on the inside of the car EVER... as in never ever. The master cylinder and pedal is the closes thing to that will ever be on the inside of the cabin when you replace brake pads rotors lines or anything of hydraulic pressure related. The noise will alwas be there sometimes worse in cold weather or rain or crap gets down there but changing brake pads pressing the fluid back into the master cylinder WILL NOT AFFECT THE ELECTRICAL SHIFT SOLENOID IN THE SHIFTIER ASSEMBLY.

Old 11-19-2019, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Guys the shift interlock inside the car is electrical. Brake pedal is depressed and the solenoid clicks and moves the rod. Changing brakes will not change anything on the inside of the car EVER... as in never ever. The master cylinder and pedal is the closes thing to that will ever be on the inside of the cabin when you replace brake pads rotors lines or anything of hydraulic pressure related. The noise will alwas be there sometimes worse in cold weather or rain or crap gets down there but changing brake pads pressing the fluid back into the master cylinder WILL NOT AFFECT THE ELECTRICAL SHIFT SOLENOID IN THE SHIFTIER ASSEMBLY.
Not for me, I repeat was not there before I changed the brakes. Clear as day despite what any "expert" wants to say otherwise. At the time I even pulled the wheels off again to see if I missed anything after I heard it.

Last edited by brian3; 11-19-2019 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

OK enlighten us with the issue you have found and what will resolve it? are you one of the customers that says you changed my oil now my car makes a noise when breaking?

Old 11-20-2019, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
OK enlighten us with the issue you have found and what will resolve it? are you one of the customers that says you changed my oil now my car makes a noise when breaking?
Nothing to resolve, been like that ever since the first brake change 80k miles ago. But it is the internet, we have some know-it-alls and naysayers......

Seems other have similar observations after a brake change with different car brands as well, coincidence????
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brak...ake-job-57683/

https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...in-park.39631/

https://www.mazda3forums.com/62-susp...und-brake.html

And more, just do a quick search........

Last edited by brian3; 11-20-2019 at 06:45 PM.

Quick Reply: Brake causes click in console