Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Brake causes click in console

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2020, 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by brian3
Nothing to resolve, been like that ever since the first brake change 80k miles ago. But it is the internet, we have some know-it-alls and naysayers......

Seems other have similar observations after a brake change with different car brands as well, coincidence????
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/brak...ake-job-57683/

https://www.subaruoutback.org/thread...in-park.39631/

https://www.mazda3forums.com/62-susp...und-brake.html

And more, just do a quick search........

YOU ARE ALL WRONG!!!!!!!
When replacing brakes (pads and rotors) a clicking noise may start. When you compress calipers you will have to press the brake to fill the pistons after. If the pedal is pressed to the floor (all the way down) a misalignment CAN (not will) occur under the right conditions. Clicking may come from a brake switch or a brake rod misalignment between the booster rod and pedal if it is at this point you may run in to issues with a failed brake booster. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be able to find out very quickly if these are your issues by isolating your problem with a simple test. (1) Start your engine for a min allow vacuum to build in the booster. (2) Turn off engine with the key in the off position press the brake pedal. IF you hear your noise you know it is not the lock solenoid switch that everyone is telling you. Because the key is in the off position. I have trained techs for many years and only few make it to the point where they are able to see past the end of their nose but that's for another forum.

Old 09-25-2020, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

The brake pedal is on a fixed fulcrum it only goes one way and back the same direction no adjustments. As for the brake switch being misaligned mmm I dont see that happening. When you press down on the brake pedal normal condition the switch is opened and the plunger is fully extended. IT will not go open any further regardless of how hard you press on the pedal. SO even with no pedal pressure the brake switch is still stationary on the pedal bracket that does not move. regardless of where the pedal is at in the travel. Same with brake rod alignment Only way that would happen is if the master cylinder is replaced then yes issues could occur. Same with brake switch having to remove it during rod removal ect.. Here are a few pictures for the visual ones. Does it sound like this ...
or this

becuase this is how they work

Old 05-06-2021, 12:47 PM
Default I have the same issue

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
"One More for the "NAY" column"....

It has always been there, it always will be there, And in the event it isnt there, Your car will not come out of PARK.

It is Possible that it may be Louder now than it was when the car was new...But it is more likely related to the coffee cup that spilled into the console, than THE IMPOSSIBILITY of Damage from rotor Replacement. It Just CANNOT happen.

A 20 year veteran doesnt ask a question like this either.After 20 years, You Know what it does, and How it works, So you also Know that it cant Possibly have anything to do with Brake pads or rotors, and as for warnings of things to come....Your Shift interlock MIGHT Lock you in park, But after 20 years you should Know that is as slim of a shot as being caused by rotor replacement.

To a Layman, It makes sense. I step on the brake and it makes a funny noise, so it must be caused by something in the Brakes. Understandable process of logic, however untrue it may be, But from a seasoned professional????? Cmon now......
I recently had to do some work on my rig and took tires and strut assembly out.....put them back in and now ABS light is on and when i put it in park the gearshift clicks like twice im thinking May be same issue...may be a tranny issue but somewhere where it reacts to brakes being pressed maybe?? Not a car person im lost which is why im looking around but clicks were DEF not there before we removed and replaced those parts