Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Can't get ABS sensor off of the rear -- ABS light --

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 11:04 AM
Default My abs light will not go off

My brakes feel spongy and sometimes it’s hard to stop it makes a posting feeling at the break peddle I have a 06 Chrysler Pacifica touring Has anyone else had this issue?

Old 12-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by jimmy154
I can't get the rear ABS sensors off.
I can't find the procedure in the service manual either.
Chrysler Tech, with a lot of typos, seemed to write that you have to loosen the hub, which it does seem like you have to do.
But I don't know how to loosen the hub, once I get the hub bolts off.
Do I have to loosen something else or was it rusted/oxidized together?

What kind of scan tool do you need to tell you why the ABS light it on?
I doubt you still have the Pacifica, but if you do, or for anybody else, I found it extremely hard to get the rear ABS sensors off a 05 Pacifica Touring. Does anyone kn ow what the ohm meter reading is on those sensors?

Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 PM

OK, so I found out through the use of my Fluke 77 multimeter, a good one will read between 5M ohms, to 7.5M ohms. and they will read only one way, swap the leads and it reads open. Now I also found that some read with the negative lead on the negative post, and the positive lead on the positive post, and some read the other way around, with the negative on the positive post, and the positive lead on the negative post. Either way it reads, if you reverse the leads on that particular sensor, it should read open.
I also found that it was impossible for me to get the sensor out of the rear hub without cutting a notch in the rock guard from the hole that the sensor wires go through, out to the edge. (Seeing that this notch is on the bottom of the rock guard, if a pebble does get in there, the slot is on the bottom and hopefully it falls out by gravity.)
After I replaced the bad sensor, it took about a mile of driving before the ABS computer reset the ABS light.