Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Despite possibly the worst luck ever, we still love our 07 Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2019, 09:29 PM

So, today I was able to make a bunch of progress on the ol' Pacifica!
I finished changing the engine wiring harness, installing the exhaust manifold heat shields, the coolant lines and hoses, all of the EGR and vacuum lines, had the alternator checked at my local O'Reilly store(passed the tests and produced 14.7 volts) and installed that and the serpentine belt, installed the air box, the upper radiator support, headlights, grille, and hood!

It actually resembles a Pacifica now!!! Lol

I need to put the right front knuckle and axle back in place, bolt the torque converter to the flexplate, put the exhaust Y-pipe back in, change the transmission filter, add an oil filter and oil, along with coolant and ATF+4 and I'll be ready for the initial startup!!!

It's a really good feeling to be able to take the tarp off it and to be able to look at it from the front and tell that it's a Pacifica!!!

After the initial startup, I can weld in my new rocker panels that I've had since 2 days before the oil pump went.
Then a new set of sneakers will have her to a point where she'll pass for an inspection sticker with ease!
I'm hoping to hear it purring like a kitten within a week or two, barring any more emergencies that directly effect my wallet.
I also hope to have a chance to see if I can get the parts Pacifica to roll enough to be put on and taken off a trailer so I can get it home and start stripping parts off it.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:37 PM

Fingers crossed for you. No real gotcha's when doing that work on a Pac, just a lot of thankless hours to get it all done.
Hope things go well when you spin er over.

Old 06-08-2019, 10:19 PM

So, I just spent an hour typing in the events of the day of how I finished putting "Blue"(we're Jeep people, so we name all of our vehicles) back together and got her fired up for the first time with her new engine.
Then I opened the YouTube app to get the link for the video with this garbage iPhone, came back to my well told story and safari automatically refreshed the page and........
it was blank.f

I'm thoroughly disgusted with this iPhone right now........
Anyway.... The video makes this engine sound ten times louder than it really is, plus I stopped recording before the oil reached all of the places that were in desperate need of oil.
It really sounds great with only one lifter that makes a tiny tapping sound that I can live with!
I'm excited because now I can start to work on replacing the rocker panels!

Here's my magic moment:

Also this one after everything quieted down:

https://youtu.be/F8LKnDI_jfc

Last edited by That Jeep Guy; 06-08-2019 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Added link
Old 06-09-2019, 07:21 PM

Sweet! Would not give that lifter too much thought. My Pac w/ 321k miles has one or two lifters that get a bit rowdy in the mornings, but quiet down after a bit.
Get out there and drive that thing!

Last edited by djetelina; 06-11-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:03 PM

I did take Blue out to do some errands on Sunday, despite the fact that she's wearing an invalid inspection sticker.
We made roughly a 40 mile round trip that went very well!
The only thing I noticed mechanically was the roughly half second delay on the 2-3 upshift.
I had hoped that the filter and fluid change would make it snap out of it, so I'll have to do some research on that issue.
The only thing I've found about driving it that I didn't like was the sun's reflection blinding me off the chrome bezel around the shifter.
So, I performed the "OMG, stop blinding me" mod; scuff the bezel heavily with fine grit sandpaper and give it a good thick coat of satin black from a rattle can.

We'll see how well it holds up. Lol

Last edited by That Jeep Guy; 06-11-2019 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Added pic
Old 07-02-2019, 09:33 PM

So, old Blue had been running and driving very well for a couple of weeks including six 70+ mile round trips to my oldest daughter's house.

On the 7th trip my wife, daughter, and granddaughters took an hour long drive to do some shopping.
At about 4pm I got a frantic call from my wife: "It's turning 6,000 rpm to go 50mph, what is wrong with this thing?"
I told her to stop somewhere safe and I'd be there as soon as I can.
After an hour and 45 minutes drive I checked the transmission fluid with my redneck 62TE dipstick and found the level to be fine.
I called AAA and they dispatched a flatbed.
4.5 hours and 3 calls to AAA later it arrived.
Finally at 1:20am we all arrived back home.

I borrowed an OBDII scanner and got several codes, including P0755
P0755 is shift solenoid B malfunction.
After much research I kept finding people saying to check resistance at the 8 wire connector.
All I have is a big square connector with roughly 20 wires in it.
The more I research, the more confused I'm getting.
Some of the diagrams I've found for the 62TE say "Pacifica only for terminals x and x"
or "this diagram for all except Pacifica", but most refer to checking terminals 4 & 8 on the 8 wire connector I cannot find.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

Old 07-03-2019, 10:26 PM

Big time bummer. The automatics are the Achilles heal on the Pac. I have the factory wiring diagram from a 2004 Pac with the older 4 speed tranny, but do not have the wiring diagram for your newer 2007 6 speed, sorry.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:27 PM

So, after a bunch of research I found an article from a transmission service magazine that went over the 62TE solenoid pack testing and cleaning process in great detail.
One thing they said was if your transmission has 150K+ miles and is throwing solenoid codes, replace the pack regardless of how it tests out on the ohm meter.
They say that the fine metal dust from normal wear and tear can clog the orifices in the solenoids and make them function improperly despite being electrically sound.
Mine tested 0.2 ohms low on 2 solenoids(neither of them was the 2/4 solenoid I was getting a code for, and both of them were within the allowable +/- 0.3 ohms specified), the other solenoids and resistors were spot on, and my temperature sensor read an unacceptable 9,900 ohms instead of the 12K ohms specified, but wasn't throwing a code for it.
Long story short.....
My reman solenoid pack arrives tomorrow and hopefully this will be the cure.
If not, I have half a mind to push it into the middle of my yard, dump a couple gallons of gas over it and torch it.....
I've had it 4 months, driven it for less than 3 weeks, and put just under 500 miles on it.
Not to mention the fact that I have over 100 hours into it so far.
My well calculated(since I can't see into the future) budget to buy and fix this car was $1,400 including just under $600 for tires and parts.
I'm now above the $2,500 mark on the budget and the only thing I've checked off the $600 parts list is the rocker panels($115 for the pair).
It took me about 6 hours to remove the valve body cover and the valve body without lowering the entire K frame and drivetrain or unhooking any hoses or lines, so I expect it to take at least that long to put it back together.
We'll see what happens....

Old 07-13-2019, 09:57 PM

So, after a 25-ish mile test drive it seems that Blue has made a full recovery from her solenoid pack transplant!
In the process of removing or reinstalling the valve body and cover I apparently ripped the four small ground wires out of the ring terminal that goes to the lowest post below the battery.
This explains why nothing worked except the engine on the first start up.
I do mean nothing.
No power windows or seats, no headlights, no radio, it wouldn't come out of park, and every warning light on the dash was illuminated.
I knew instantly that it had to be a ground issue, and in about 20 minutes I had found and repaired the problem.
Everything seems to be working fine except for the still present lagging 2-3 upshift.
The 1-2 upshift is instant and super strong, as are the 3-4 4-5 and 5-6 upshifts.
But the 2-3 upshift takes nearly a full second and includes a decent rev between the releasing of one clutch and the engaging of the next, followed by a very unconvincing and mushy feeling upshift.
I am aware that the 2-3 upshift is indeed a two step process but it's supposed to occur within milliseconds.
This is very disconcerting to me and I wonder if there will be more trouble to come from this issue.
Does anyone else have a 62TE with a weird 2-3 upshift, or am I upshift creek without a paddle?
LOL

Old 07-14-2019, 09:52 PM

So, today Blue got a good deal of attention.

First, I drove about an hour for a great deal on an almost new set of tires. I hope to get them on some time this week.

The donor car gave up it's passenger side outer tie rod end, which was pretty simple to transplant.

I swapped driver side inner fenders because Blue's had a huge hole ground into it which makes the PCM vulnerable to any and all road water/snow/salt/sand. Better to be safe than sorry.

I found that I had missed one ground terminal yesterday when I needed the windshield wipers and they didn't work. Simple fix.

I also found that the connector at the oil pressure sending unit had come off and the wires got caught in the serpentine belt and had ripped the connector off.

I happened to find an identical connector on the donor car, which I used in order to remedy this issue.

Then I decided that driving lights would be nice to add.

With the exception of the driving light connectors being a different style from 05 to 07, this was a plug and play add on.

No additional relay or fuse swapping necessary!

I took only the light units with the connectors and 6" of wire(to splice to Blue's wires, which were the same color wires between the two years) along with the multi function switch(turn signal/headlight/hi-lo beam) assembly.

I take back half of the things I said about the Pacifica design team, that was the easiest 20 minute mod I've ever done!!!

Quick Reply: Despite possibly the worst luck ever, we still love our 07 Pacifica