Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Electronics Disasters

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Default Electronics Disasters

We purchased a used 2017 Pacifica Limited almost a month ago. Prior to our purchase, the main concern we heard regarding the Pacifica was electrical issues. Naively we thought we’d be one of the lucky ones that wouldn’t experience this. However, within the first three days of owning the vehicle, our driver side rear screen (factory installed) went black. We took it in to the dealership, was told the VRM (video routing module) was the issue, part ordered, finally installed four days later. This solved the problem for another five days.

When the screen went black again, we again took the van back for repair and were now told no electronic components were part of our warranty and that we’d be responsible for a $185 diagnostic fee for them looking at the black screen... After a lot of back and forth they finally decided to warranty the part. Another day to order and install. Thirty minutes later, still in the shop, the screen went black again. Now I’m being told there’s likely a wiring issue and it’ll take at least two hours to just diagnose the problem. Aka $400. To diagnose.

So now we’ve owned the van 26 days, 7 of which have been in the shop on two separate occasions. We specifically waited for a limited model with rear screens for the kids which now are useless. I’ve never owned a vehicle in the Chrysler family (we’ve been Honda, Toyota and Nissan owners) and we are really off to a bad start.

has anyone else dealt with black screens on their rear monitors? What did the issue end up being? And was the warranty as useless for you?

We also had issues with the transmission catching and shuddering at low speeds that was apparently resolved with a dealer software update. Makes me lose a lot of confidence in the safety of my vehicle.