Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Fuel tank issues 2007 Pacifica

Old 08-24-2018, 01:30 PM
Default Fuel tank issues 2007 Pacifica

I have fought with only being able to use half of my fuel capacity for to long. I have spent probably 3k total to try to have the dealer fix this issue to no avail. I have read over and over about how the complicated fuel system is supposed to work in this thing and cannot get it to work properly. I'm about to drill into the low points of each side of the fuel tank and install a bulkhead fitting with a line to equalize the level on each side of the fuel tank. Has anybody tried this before? Seems to me this will solve my issue of filling up with only 7 gallons at a time....

Old 08-24-2018, 07:56 PM

Have been battling this problem for about 3 years and 30,000 miles. My own Pac takes FOREVER to "fill up" with 10 gallons of gas. Then 200 miles later I am doing it again, since like you, I can only access 1/2 of my Pac's fuel tank capacity. I briefly thought about bulkhead fittings, but the liability of doing that quickly told me "no".
Should you have (or don't) have success in this endeavor please let us know (with pics!).
As an aside, a small electric fuel pump to shove fuel from the full side to the empty side could assist. Just another un-vetted idea bouncing thru my head.

Last edited by djetelina; 08-24-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:04 PM

From the TSB 14-001-09 REV. A:

Inform the customer to idle the vehicle for 60 to 90 seconds upon stopping if vehicle was driven aggressively. This is due to the fact that on the LX/LE/LC/L2 the fuel tank is a unique saddle tank design and needs 30 to 60 seconds while the engine is running to level the fuel in both half's of the fuel tank. Allowing the vehicle to idle for this amount of time will let the fuel pump transfer fuel to the left side tank, opening the control valve and allowing normal fuel filling."

This implies that there is a pump or something that is supposed to level the fuel on both halves the tank. Maybe this pump isn't working on yours?