Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Key fob issue, need help

Old 04-11-2015, 11:10 AM
Default Key fob issue, need help

Not sure what or where to look to identify what is going on here. My wife's Pacifica is not recognizing her key fob anymore. We changed the battery correctly, and still no dice. I gave her my key fob that I have and it worked for one week. Now both key fobs do absolutely nothing but start the car. Door locks and trunk features do not work. Any ideas as to what is going on here? I have a hard time believing that both key fobs are junk, especially mine that hardly ever gets used and looks damn near new. Is this a electrical issue or software issue? I need to get this rectified quickly because every time I lock the door manually, when I use the key to open the door, the security alarm goes off and the horn starts blairing until we start the car.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:10 PM

Hi ttype,

Have you had the vehicle looked at by a Chrysler dealership? There was a service bulletin (08-050-06) released in 2006 that addressed this inoperative remote keyless entry (RKE). The Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse may not be properly seated in the Integrated Power Module (IPM). I would recommend that you bring this issue to your service advisor’s attention. Please let me know if you would like me to assist you in setting up an appointment with your local dealership to have this concern addressed.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:16 AM

I had the same issue about a month ago and the dealership had to replace the WCM and SKREEM modules to fix the problem.

Good luck.