Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

missfiring on a '04 pac

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

chk the wires then

Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Well.. I ripped that wire harness apart and found probably 7 or 8 wires that needed to be fixed.. I soldered and heat-shrunk them back new.
I did get a C.E.L. again though (P0355). Hopefully the other codes dont return since a couple of those wires should've fixed a couple codes, one was a signal wire to coil #6.. Here's hoping!
*prays to the car gods* *goes outside and provides a burnt offering*

a few pictures of what I went through lol! I split open all the looms. yes, I re-tapped them back together..

-Justin

Last edited by crazyman03; 10-27-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:02 PM

Well, I checked the codes again and its throwing the 355 and 356 again :-/

debating on pulling the harness out again and double checking..

-Justin

Old 11-02-2012, 06:57 AM
yup

I just solved a similar problem...
wiring harness was intermittantly grounding causing the transmission control solenoid pack to rattle. It got to the point where the transmission went into limp home mode and threw a P0888 code.

The location of the short was right behind where the wiring harness clips to the intake plenum on the driver's side. There is a random post cast into the lower intake manifold that created a great pressure point on the wiring harness.

The noise is gone and the transmission is shifting smoothly now...

Based on your pictures, it looks like the wiring harness was rubbing in the same spot. I have to imagine that this may not be the only location the wiring harness is prone to rub through.

Were you able to track down any additional shorts?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by yup
Based on your pictures, it looks like the wiring harness was rubbing in the same spot. I have to imagine that this may not be the only location the wiring harness is prone to rub through.

Were you able to track down any additional shorts?
Not in that area.. no. That was actually the first place i looked. Everything seemed still "like-new".

I'm going to pull it apart again this weekend. hopefully i can find something else.

-Justin

Old 11-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Update,
Well, I re-inspected the wires and found nothing new. I even replaced the spark plugs to the "OEM" champion double plat.'s nothing new; even pulled the entire harness out to check...

Took it to another shop, varified that the PCM is bad again. and ended up taking it back to the origional shop and had the PCM warrantied.

Well. Picked the car up last night - So far, so good. they replace the PCM again..

aparently, they got a hellova deal on the PCM

I also decided to clean the inside. it pisses me off but, still such a slick car

Next on the agenda, getting a drop down LCD for the back seat. I found how to splice into the video out of the 6disc changer to do video.. might do some creative splooging there..

-Justin

Old 10-20-2014, 05:06 PM

Can this be done without taking the manifold off?

Old 10-27-2014, 07:10 PM

Doing spark plugs without taking the manifold off? no. you can get to the back 3 but the front 3 are under it.

An update on the car, since I got an email about this thread being posted... I've since returned the car to the dealer. Engine wise this thing is a piece. I had to replace 3 motor/trans mounts, re-re-re-install spark plugs because it was burning them out and also 6 coils because the loom being damaged caused a back-feed and all i would get is missfires. The dealer wouldnt warranty anything because they said, after all the previous PCM work that the harness damage was "negligent" and any additional work would be due to poor upkeep...

Its a slick car. I miss it but the hassle of owning it was annoying.

-Justin

Old 07-07-2016, 12:14 PM

Hi read your post and I might be having the same problem
Can you please ford me some photos of what wires you fixed also can you please let me know where was this rub spot that your mechanic was speaking of..thanks
I ripped all my wiring up also but I don't see any bad wires and ground is great also however I still get missfire on cyl 4 my pcm was sent in for repairs however I have a back up pcm and don't want to risk burning that one out till I get my other one back..any help and photos would be greatly appreciated.
My vehicle: 2004 Pacifica 3.5 awd 95,000 miles.