Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

No Electrics On My 05 Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Default No Electrics On My 05 Pacifica

While driving at night in rain, less then 1 mile from home, without warning lost my:
Headlights
Wipers
Heat/AC
Radio
Windows
Clock
Tach all over the place
Dash lit up like Christmas(which it was)
Car continued to run with only flashers/turn signals working

Pulled into my driveway, shut car off then restarted. No change, nothing worked but now car was stuck in Park.

Next morning I searched this Forum and found my problem with 2 possible causes/fixes.
A bad battery connection
A bad ground

Went out to my car checked battery connections and sure enough, clamp to negative terminal was broken. I could easily lift the clamp off the terminal. $3.00 later new clamp attached & all was good again---till today--the day after Christmas.

Got into car, started it and all same problems were back.
OK, this should not be a problem, it's most likely the 2nd possibility: Black/Yellow Wire G103 not grounded.
The wire is located on driver side engine compartment and grounded to frame rail, how hard could this be to find.
This should be a simple quick, simple easy fix.
Or so I thought.

In order to see better and have better access to this G103 Black/Yellow wire I removed the battery and battery tray and lifted the fuse compartment up and out of the way. Well after probably about 45 minutes of poking and searching around I saw no Black/Yellow wire anywhere.

Back I went to my computer and searched around. Miraculously I found a video by: South Main Auto Repair, titled: Chrysler Pacifica TIPM Electrical Problems.
This guy did an amazing very professional very detailed video, recording a high quality video showing step by step how he diagnosed the problem.
A customer had dropped their Pacifica with same problems as I had. This guy did not know what he was getting into but but he videos about 45 minutes of methodically diagnosing the problem. I wish I could have called him and told him I know what the problem is, it's a bad G103 ground. After about 20 minutes he finally got to the G103 wire--but here's where he helped me.
He did not remove the battery or battery tray, although he did move the fuse box out of the way to better be able to test all the connections.
Where he made it all possible for me was he removed the DRIVER SIDE HEADLIGHT. And he showed exactly where the Black/Yellow wire was and exactly where the ground was. This made it all possible for me to fix mine. Without his superb camera work and patience, there's no way I ever would have thought of removing the headlight assembly. I did not replace the battery tray because it allowed me better access to the wires & ground. Between the thread on here and South Main Auto Repair I had the problem fixed in maybe 30 minutes. Thanks to everyone for that.

One other thing. If you can't or don't want to handle this yourself and need to get your car to a shop, you'll need to be able to shift out of PARK.
This is pretty simple.

Pop off the silver bezel around the shifter.
You should see something PINK poking through. It will be in the right hand corner of the shifter on the passenger side.
Get a screw driver in there and carefully push the Pink Plastic part down, this will release your shifter and allow you to move/drive your Pacifica.

Thanks to South Main Auto Repair and everyone else who contributed to the original thread concerning this problem.

One last thing, after getting everything working again your CEL may still be on and will need to be cleared. When it's scanned you'll see an error code, I forgot the error code # the exact wording, but it's something about FUEL. It does not mean anything. It's just the way the cars computer read the problem
Have it cleared and your dash will be back to normal.

Last edited by mwestpacifica; 12-26-2015 at 10:32 PM.