Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

P0480 cooling fan 1 control circuit malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic
Well my friend.....Today is your lucky day.....

I just finished this identical issue this morning..

Above your radiator is a plastic "SHELL" with 2 10mm bolts, and 6 phillips screws, ...Remove it.....Now look down on the bumper framing, there will be a black box with an aluminum heat sink on it...Disconnect the box's electrical connector terminal #4 is a thin "Brown/Violet" wire.

Reach under the left front fender and disconnect Connector c3 from PCM (It will be the third one up from the bottom, and it has a white insert)...Check continuity from Connector C3, terminal 6 (With the locking tab facing up looking into the connector, 6th hole from the top right) and terminal 4 of the fan relay connector. If continuity is present, reassemble and ground terminal 4 of the relay and observe the fan for operation. (I assume you have already checked all the fuses ..Right??)
If continuity is not present, remove the left front headlamp assembly, and look at the Gray connector on the plastic housing behind the headlamp....(Connector C105)....You will be looking for corrosion at the "Engine side" of that connector.

Post back.
Thank you for this....fair enough the wire corroded and broke inside the grey harness. Made the mistake and probed the pins and nothing. Cur the wires 1inch back and bingo found the problem.