Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Pacifica 2004 Radio/DVD, Heating/cooling system not working.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 01:12 PM
Default Pacifica 2004 Radio/DVD, Heating/cooling system not working.

Hi,

I have a Pacifica AWD 2004 and the central console is totally dead, along with the remote key. I`m locking the door manually and when I unlock it manually the alarm goes on.... till I start the car.

I checked the fuses under the hood and nothing look wrong, all the fuses are good. Fuse 25 & 50 15 amps and tested good on Multimeter....

I thought about a lose connector behind the console and all look perfect.

Any ideas where to look next?

Thanks,
Sylvain

Old 09-12-2010, 08:35 PM

had a similar problem , the mechanic said there was a open power lead somewhere he couldnt identify. He bypassed that and cheated by jerry rigging a power lead somewhere to the center stack and that cured that problem.
check to see if there is any power ,you probably have the same issue.
good luck
Rich

Old 01-19-2015, 01:58 AM
Default Very same issue - Partly Resolved

My controls were dead, sometimes working, but only for moments after tuning the ignition to ACC. Pulled, checked and re-positioning all the under-hood fuses all OK. I pulled out the stereo and HVAC controls to check the wiring harness for compromises. There was nothing noticeably wrong with them. I decided to verify each device separately. I first plugged in the HVAC controller and was amazed to find it working perfectly, turning the car on and off and finding it to continue to work. turned the ACC off, plugged in the stereo control and turned the key to ACC to find the lights of the HVAC and radio come on but flicker. tried turning on the radio and everything went dead again. Turned the ACC off again and unplugged the radio. Pulled the Positive wire off the battery to reset the systems, turned the key to ACC and voila, glorious heat again, got all my remote phob control back as well. Good to have during our Calgary winters! Now I don't know if it is the radio harness, plug, or just that the radio has fried. But I will take heat over the radio any day. Deciding what to do with the radio, but for now I hope this helps resolve your problems.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:41 PM

Thanks for the directions.
It turned to Be the remote start which I disconected