Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Problems - New Pacifica

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Default Problems - New Pacifica

My wife bought a new Pacifica a couple of months ago and it has about 6k miles on it. The troubles started about a month ago. First glitch was when the engine sputtered a couple of times at a gas station and then it would go from drive to park as soon the brake was released. After jiggling the gear shift **** a couple of times, the van ran fine and went into gear and the trip home was uneventful. A couple of days later, my wife backed it out of the driveway onto the street and turned about 45 degrees prior to pulling forward. The van went from drive to park every time the brake pedal was released, numerous times. The engine ran fine. We ended up having it towed to the dealer. Not fun to have your car sitting in the middle of the street partly blocking traffic for several hours. Next day the dealer's shop ran a diagnostic search for the problem and replaced a transmission solenoid. We picked it up and brought it home. A week or so later, the engine sputtered and the transmission went into park again. This happened two or three times while sitting in traffic at a stop sign or red light. Each time my wife was able to get it moving. The van went to the dealer for 5k service and they looked into the problem again but found nothing. After another glitch a few days later, the dealer took the van back in and did more diagnostics. They mentioned they might have to replace the transmission and drove it over a hundred miles over the next three days but could not replicate the problem. Without knowing what is wrong, they say they can't get Chrysler to provide a replacement transmission. So now we're left with a practically new car that we can't depend on. My wife takes her dogs to various competition events, some 2-300 miles away and sometimes is late at night getting home. I certainly don't want to have her stranded somewhere late 1-200 miles away. Later this week, she is going to an event about 300 miles away with a friend who is also taking her dogs. The friend insists on driving her own vehicle because she doesn't trust my wife's car. We can't continue like this but I don't know what to do to remedy the situation. We like the vehicle for its features, but can't deal with the lack of dependability. There is a lemon law in our state and we may be headed toward some legal action, but I prefer not to go that route if possible. Any thoughts on actions we can take? Maybe ask the dealer to exchange it for a new one?

Old 08-29-2023, 07:23 AM

Hello,

We regret to hear your experience with your new Pacifica. Because your safety is important to us, our team would like to add an extra layer of assistance by escalating your case. Please send us a DM with your VIN number.

JP
Chrysler Cares