Chrysler Pacifica Luxury meets versatility in this mid-sized sport utility vehicle

Severe rear tire wear - negative camber?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Djinn-n-Tonic

Now, I am not one to say I told You so, And The only time I have ever "Gloated" is when the "Saints " won the superbowl.
You are free to do as you please with your car, Because it is your car....I just try to pass on my experiences......Take it or not....
No problem, all I'm saying is that if the different rim size tire has the same diameter and road contact width, there shouldn't be a problem, that's all I'm saying. I am frustrated with basically being stuck with 1 brand & size tire to choose from. That's why I want to go to the 17's, there's a much bigger selection. Right now Michelin is the only tire I can find locally and that tire is still difficult to find at dealers. I live in the Philadelphia area so it's not a lack of stores that is the problem. I had to replace one and had to drive 40 miles away because the only dealer, NTB, didn't carry them anywhere local.

Old 02-12-2011, 06:11 PM

Yes, Mathematically, the tires are the same.....

I dont have any idea why, but if you physically stand the tires next to each other, ANYTHING with a michelin Nametag on it WILL be taller..

My question to OP was basically to get the "SIMPLE" out of the way. I'm thinking that when the alignments were done, The techs consistently overlooked the line for tire size options.....(Ive done it myself more times than I care to admit.)

Now, Im not going to get into What looks cooler, what kind of fancier chrome wheels you can have if you go to 27 inch tires.....My teen days of "Pimping Cars" are long gone( I am the guy who would go to the junkyard and buy tires, so I could afford The 700 lift camshaft)....But I learned someting very valuable thryu those days........They Paid someone more money than you and I will see in a lifetime, to come up with and design something.....Let him do his job.

I feel you guys, because I have this same discussion every day at the job....
Especially with the AWD....Replacing all four tires at 265$ each would leave me sick to my stomach as well.