Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

02 PT Radiator needs replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 04:17 PM
D_X
Default 02 PT Radiator needs replacement

Well, my uncle has an 02 Cruiser, 2.4 I4 (no turbo) and has a crack in his radiator...

what I'm wondering is, if anyone here has much experience with the PT and how tough it is to replace the radiator.
I own a 92 Plymouth Sundance, and just recently replaced the radiator on it, but the engine compartment isn't nearly as packed as the Cruiser's

any help will be much appreciated!

Old 10-19-2006, 11:50 PM
Default RE: 02 PT Radiator needs replacement

if you can get the front grill off and on without damage to the grill or the bolts not being stripped you got it made[8D]

Old 03-06-2007, 01:15 AM
ace
Default RE: 02 PT Radiator needs replacement

Yeah they jam all that crap in their pretty good definatly use alot of wd-40 it will help and please take your time and dont get pissed you will break something and make it worse i know from exp here.lol
a bit long but here

WARNING: DO NOT OPEN THE RADIATOR DRAINCOCK WITH THE SYSTEM HOT AND UNDER PRESSURE BECAUSE SERIOUS BURNS FROM COOLANT CAN OCCUR.
NOTE: It is not necessary to discharge the air conditioning system to remove the radiator.
[ol][*]Disconnect throttle body air intake hose from air cleaner housing assembly.[*]Remove air cleaner housing assembly.[*]Disconnect negative battery cable. Disconnect positive battery cable.[*]Remove battery and battery tray.[*]Raise vehicle on hoist.
NOTE: When the transaxle cooler lines are removed from the rolled-groove type fittings at the cooler and transaxle, damage to the inner wall of hose will occur. To prevent potential leakage, the cooler hoses and clamps must be replaced.[*]Disconnect and cap the automatic transmission cooler hoses, if equipped[*]Drain cooling system[*]Disconnect radiator fan motor electrical connector[*]Disconnect lower radiator hose[*]Remove two fasteners attaching transmission oil cooler to radiator.[*]Remove two lower fasteners attaching radiator fan shroud to radiator[*]Dislodge lower radiator air seal from side radiator air seals[*]Lower vehicle.[*]Remove grille[*]Remove upper radiator support crossmember[*]Remove upper radiator hose from the radiator[*]Remove remaining fasteners attaching radiator fan shroud to radiator[*]Remove radiator fan/shroud assembly.[*]Remove remaining fasteners attaching AC condenser to radiator. Reposition AC condenser.[*]Remove radiator assembly by lifting it up from the engine compartment. Care should be taken not to damage the cooling fins and tubes during removal.[/b][*]Remove the lower air seal from radiator[/ol]