Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

Codes: P0508, p0113 & p2074

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 03:47 AM
Default Codes: P0508, p0113 & p2074

I am open for any opinion offered! I'm a female with very little knowledge about cars. I'm also desperate for advice, clearly! I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix my 04 pt cruiser. Maybe it's something big that I can't do but I really feel like it's not gonna be much to fix it and I don't want to spend any more than I have to so.. my check engine light is on. I'm getting codes p0508, p0113, and p2074. I knew my throttle body needed to be cleaned so I had a mechanic tell me how to do it so that's clean. I replaced the throttle position sensor. I just replaced the IAC sensor as well and I know it was put on correctly bc my dad and brother did it. I've googled until I'm googled out. Someone says to replace the MAP sensor but I don't trust their opinion so much but maybe he's correct. I did clean my air filter too bc I read that could be the issue. The only thing I was seeing left to do would be to check the wiring and check for a possible vacuum leak. Otherwise, it's probably not something so simple :-/ So.. any detailed suggestions? Oh yeah and I did disconnect my battery after the IAC was replaced so my check engine light would go off, not sure if that was a bad idea or not. After replacing the IAC I only got code P2074 and the others went away for a couple days but now all three (0508, 0113, 2074) are back on there. I don't know. I'm tired of stressing it! Thanks in advance!

Old 08-26-2018, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Throttle body cleaning is maintenance not a mechanical issue nore will it cause any codes to come up like that.
In all your google searching did you see what the codes mean? or did you just search for a fix?

and the first question to ask is did this happen out of no where or after someone did some work?
Second what issue are you having is it just the codes or what else?

Old 08-26-2018, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by CHRYSLER TECH
Throttle body cleaning is maintenance not a mechanical issue nore will it cause any codes to come up like that.
In all your google searching did you see what the codes mean? or did you just search for a fix?

and the first question to ask is did this happen out of no where or after someone did some work?
Second what issue are you having is it just the codes or what else?
Yes, I looked the codes up: P0508 - idle air control system circuit low P0113 - intake air temperature sensor circuit high P2074 - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Mass Airflow - Throttle Position Correlation at Higher Load.

My car was stalling out and idling hard. A couple weeks later the check engine light came on and my car died. Got it to crank back up but the RPM was stuck in the red immediately upon cranking. I put it in gear and it died. I discovered I had oil on my spark plugs. Someone replaced the valve cover gasket and spark plugs for me. I cranked my car, the check engine light came back on within the first 2 minutes and the same problems began to happen (stalling, hard idle, sometimes a high RPM when I crank it, dying when acceleator was not pushed, having to put it in neutral, drive with two feet basically bc i had to continue pushing the gas pedal while stopped to keep it running). I had the IAT sensor replaced bc that's what Auto Zone suggested and the Throttle position sensor as well bc I had it on hand. It is somewhat better but the check engine light is still on and it is still stalling and has died on me once since the replacement of the sensors and when I cranked it after it died the RPM was high again as soon as i cranked it so I turned the engine off and waited 10 minutes or so before cranking again but that time I slowly pressed the gas pedal when I cranked it and it cranked fine and was actually driveable but once again, there is still an issue with stalling and hard idle.

Old 08-29-2018, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

when you start it what are the rpm at ?