PT Cruiser starting problem - Page 3 - Chrysler Forum - Chrysler Enthusiast Forums

Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

PT Cruiser starting problem

Old 02-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Thanks. It's parked in a place where snow is pretty high so that may be. If I can get the hood open, do you think someone will be able to jump it so I can buy a new battery?

Old 02-01-2019, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Audrey Romero-Gillis View Post
Thanks. It's parked in a place where snow is pretty high so that may be. If I can get the hood open, do you think someone will be able to jump it so I can buy a new battery?
Hard to answer that for you, as you did not answer the question specifically of what it's (not) doing. IF you suspect a dead battery in this cold weather, yes a jump may get it started, IF the starter motor was making the engine spin over.

Old 02-01-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Audrey Romero-Gillis View Post
I have a starter problem too. PT Cruiser 2007. Just experienced the Polar Vortex and the car won't start. Just acts like it wants to start and then nothing but clicks after. Should I hit the gas when I hear it start to turn over?
my daughter has a 06 with same thing happening my son came over with his diesel ended up hooking both batteries to her pt and got it started..yes he was giving it some gas while trying to start it