Chrysler PT Cruiser Offering a sedan and 2 door convertible, both of which offer a naturally aspirated or turbocharged engine, this car has something to offer everyone

strange missfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 06:58 AM
Default strange missfire

Hello I recently bought a used Pt cruiser touring edition 2002 model. My wife happned upon a situation where a friend used our cruiser to boost off another car. i wasnt there and have no idea what was done but ive since replaced the ECU with a new one, replaced plugs and plug wires and replaced the small vacuume hose the goes from the bottom of the EGR over to the switch or valve er what ever it is beside the throttle body. the problem is that ive got the car back to where it only misses when under a load like when you first have to open the throttle up pulling out from a stoplight er something. if i pull out easy it does great but if i try to open it up from a stop it developes a bad miss fire between the 2 and 3 cylinder. ive read the codes with several different readers and they all say the same thing a miss fire detected on the 2 and 3 cylinders and O2 sensor heater values high. one its rolling the cars a power house for the engine size. the engine light, brake and ABS light have been on from the get go. can anyone tell me what the problem most likely is orif theres a common cause. im thinking something to do with the EGR valve as the silicon vacume line was melted pretty bad and continues to get hot everytime i replace it. Help please?