Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Grand Voyager RB3 stereo fuse?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 05:08 AM
Default 05 Grand Voyager RB3 stereo fuse?

Hi, I am new to this forum so hopefully I have started this in the right place

I just purchased an 05 plate Grand voyager LTD XS. The problem is after picking it up the RB3 stereo decided not to power up.
The back light works when the lights are on and if you press the Time button it displays the time. Nothing else works.
Is it a blown fuse? If so where is the fuse for it. Cant seem to find the fuse for it in the fuse box under the bonnet.
Also my battery drains very quickly now.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Unhappy RB3 Sat/Nav Radio DVD wont turn on

Hi Chana

I have got the exact same problem - did you find a solution? Nothing working except the time button, which stays on for about 30 secs. Been trawling the web for a day or two now and not found anything. Only had the vehicle for a week - worked fine for 4 days Starting to get a little worried now as I am 2000 miles from home and cant speak the local language......gulp

Old 09-22-2013, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by HairyMover
Hi Chana

I have got the exact same problem - did you find a solution? Nothing working except the time button, which stays on for about 30 secs. Been trawling the web for a day or two now and not found anything. Only had the vehicle for a week - worked fine for 4 days Starting to get a little worried now as I am 2000 miles from home and cant speak the local language......gulp

To be honest I sold the car after 6 months as it was giving me loads of issues I gave up trying to fix.
From what I can remember the stereo issue was just a fuse from the fuse box under the bonnet. Cant remember which one but just pull them all until you find the one that is blown.
This fuse blew on me a few times so make sure you carry a spare.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:31 AM

All of the better radio's in the last 30 or so years have a permanent supply for the clock etc and an IGN only supply. Test the 20a RDO/IP IGN fuse where I've put the arrow.
[IMG]Name:  cx2FBKc.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  547.0 KB
- now back to Arsene's Army
- best of luck !

Old 09-24-2013, 02:42 PM

QinteQ

You, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Replaced fuse and all good. Got my knickers in a twist over the power for the time function! Anyway that problem solved, Thank you!

Just need to sort the permanant trac off status, ABS warning light and slight, but definite knock when returning the steering to straight after a corner now...

Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by HairyMover
QinteQ

You, Sir, are a scholar and a gentleman. Replaced fuse and all good. Got my knickers in a twist over the power for the time function! Anyway that problem solved, Thank you!

Just need to sort the permanant trac off status, ABS warning light and slight, but definite knock when returning the steering to straight after a corner now...
- you're welcome
- the trac off status & ABS warning light are probably related, fix he ABS and the TRAC works
- ABS will be pinched cable, bad ABS sensor and sometimes a manky rusted ABS ring
- if you replace a sensor make sure you get the correct year and L or R
- "definite knock" could be anything under there, guessing doesn't work, get under and have a feely