Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

06 Key Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 01:13 PM
Default 06 Key Question

So we had 2 keys with the built in remote, one is gone. long gone.

I have 2 new sentry keys that I had cut, my question is: How can I program them without having one of the original keys?

I'm not going to a dealer, they'll want me to buy 'their' key, and all that BS, I'll consider doing away with the security crap if it comes to that.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:49 PM

Quick answer is Dealer only without one original key.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 PM

I have one original key currently. I don't need to program the remote but the rfid for the anti theft.

The procedure I read required both original keys.

Is there a procedure for this?

Old 04-27-2015, 07:08 PM

Quick answer is Dealer only without one original key
- been there tried that
- its all [including photographs] on this forum somewhere
- you need a proper Chrysler issue tool
- the 6 button remote trick does not work

Old 04-28-2015, 12:40 PM

I don't have the 6 button key.

This is the style that I have.

I expect the answer to be the same. So I need to bypass the security then. I can just get a few more key fobs for the lock/unlock function and just leave the guts of the working key inside the colume so it doesn't care about the anti theft.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:59 PM

Here
Here, and
Here

I bought a 6 button case & blade from this bloke as an experiment on the 'panic' button programming. His Chrysler stuff is here. The pcb from our standard 5 button fob has the 6 button internals which are complete and do fit ok.

The problem I had was that there is an internal [Cellophane like] 'conductive tracked membrane' for all 6 micro switches which corresponds to the 6th button which I can't seem get hold of in the UK. In conclusion the 6th button is on our fob's, the 6 button key can be bought for £4 above, the 'tracked membrane on our UK version is missing the track that connects the existing 6th micro-switch.

The 'locked' [to Chrysler] ID46 transponder chips are widely available, don't make the mistake of buying the commonly available peugeot one - they may be [locked] different. Regarding the 6 button FOB's, like yourself I have never managed to find one in the UK. I did find the 6 button Blank Blade Remote Key Case shells here in the UK. Your PCB will go straight into the FOB and the panic button will be in the correct place directly over the micro button but will still not work. What's missing is the etched (1) conductive membrane that goes between the (2) PCB and the (3) FOB shell to translate the KEYPRESS.

In short unless you can get the conductive membrane that goes between the PCB and the FOB shell you still cant make a keypress. The combination key & FOB with the 6th button can be had from America such as this one here.

- I know that the existing UK FOB has all the 6 button microswitches, but only a 5 conductive tracked membrane
- I make the assumption that any 6 button FOB or keyFOB [remote head key] shell is just that a shell
- you can transfer the internals along with the 6 microswitched PCB a from 5 to 6 button FOB but only 5 buttons will work

What I have always assumed will work [forget the grey transponder key for the minute] is get a second hand complete with conductive tracked membrane fob from America ebay, then transfer your existing 6 button EURO PCB into the 6 button panic fob complete with its conductive tracked membrane and you have a working and programmable 6 button FOB. If you take apart your existing 5 button UK or EURO FOB you will find you have a complete 6 microswitched PCB with only 5 'traced' conductive tracked membrane. Programming is here.

The one single item, needed for myself is the '6 conductive tracked membrane' - all the UK and as far as I'm aware all EURO FOBS are 5 button and 5 'conductive tracked membrane's' but they all have 6 micro-switch internals. What you and I want is the membrane with the 6 tracks on it. If you take apart your existing FOB you will find you have a piece of PCB with the complete 6 micro-switches. The picture below shows a bog standard EURO fob without a panic button .. .. .. but with the already present 6 micro-switches.

For example also if desired, the "Sound Horn On Lock" feature can be turned on and off by performing the following procedure:

1. Press the LOCK button for 5 to 10 seconds.
2. While the LOCK button is pressed (after 5 seconds), press the PANIC button. Release both buttons.

The "Sound Horn On Lock" feature can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

Name:  ihLpGZW.png
Views: 4
Size:  404.7 KB

To bring this issue into 2015 :

- I did get a FOB & membrane
- it did precisely fit my FOB and marry to the PCB
- the microswitches [through the membrane] did work
- others claim [anecdotally] to have done it and it works for them

It did not work for me, I already have two working FOB's & keys I was just trying it because no one else had managed to get it to work. In short then it works for some and not for others, I took the view [supposition only] it must work on some country codes and is dis-allowed in our UK country code as is the case for example the 'beep on lock / unlock setting'.

Hope this helps

Old 08-25-2015, 04:04 PM
Default A cheap solution

Originally Posted by silentdub
So we had 2 keys with the built in remote, one is gone. long gone.

I have 2 new sentry keys that I had cut, my question is: How can I program them without having one of the original keys?

I'm not going to a dealer, they'll want me to buy 'their' key, and all that BS, I'll consider doing away with the security crap if it comes to that.
There is a cheap and good auto Locksmith in Queens name is Armor Locksmith
718-445 9200 they did my keys a way cheaper than dealer