Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 chrysler t&c lxi blower problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 PM

Im prettty sure the power module is the part that is bad. I jumpered the blue wire (13v) from the 3 pin plug to the green of the blower motor. Then jumpered the black blower motor wire to ground and the fan runs. Would that be your conclusion as well.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

yep replace the module

Old 01-24-2013, 05:02 PM

I took the power module to work and looked at all the solder joints using a magnifying glass. The joints around the transistor up against the heat sink looked like they had popped from the pad. I desoldered the transistor and resoldered using some flux. Juat put it in and at first rhe blower did not start but i touched the heat sink agianst chasis ground ( metal bar behind glove box ) and it started. I turned the blower on and off using the power button on the console worked each time. Turned off van and then back on multiple times, worked each time. To answer your question green showed 13v and black showed 12v. My friend at worked said that made sense as he thought that the black wire was switching to ground so voltage would be lower than the power green wire.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM

I would tell others that are having this problem to first check the relay. The back and front relay are the same so if you swap and the opposite blower is not working than the one that was not working then you have a bad relay. If you switch and the blower that was not working is still not working then check the blower power module located behind the glove box on 2001 t&c lxi (other modles may differ). Remove the two screws that hold the power module to the heat box. Pop off the cover that is housing the cuircut board of the power module (i wil post pictures later they are at work on my pc). Look at the solder connection's on the board. The transistor that had popped solder joints is right next to the heat sink under a piece of metal. Use a magnifying glass to look at the solder joints. If you cannot tell i would suggest applying some flux to the joints and resoldering the joints on this transistor. You can verify your motor works by jumpering between the blue wire on the 3 pin plug to the green wire on the motor wires. Then jumper the black wire to a ground. Behind my glove box there was a metal bar so i used that for my ground. Then turn on your van and your blower motor should come on if it is good. After resoldering the transistor connection reinstall in van and test to see if that fixes the issue. Hope this helps others having this issue.

John