Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Voyager Headlights Won't Switch Off!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 05:23 PM
Default 2001 Voyager Headlights Won't Switch Off!

A random problem has started to occur with the headlights. I THINK I've read somewhere that there is a feature with this vehicle where the (front ?)headlights stay on for 30secs or so after you turn off the ignition. Well, this started happening a few weeks ago (although never before in the 6 months I've owned it), but since they DO turn off eventually I thought I'd ignore it for now.

However, a random problem with the left-hand back light and centre safety light (whatever you call it - it's on the boot lid right up near the roof) has started to occur over the last week or so. They won't switch off properly. Sometimes they would switch off if turned the lights on and off with or without the engine on, but now they won't turn off at all.

I'm editing this post because I've just discovered that if I pump the brake pedal a few times, the lights go out. I do have a dodgy handbrake, so could this be sticking somehow?

Old 04-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Default RE: 2001 Voyager Headlights Won't Switch Off!

The problem with the brake lights staying on is usually caused by the Brake Lamp Switch. It is located near the brake pedal. I suppose it is possible something is not right with the mounting for the switch, but most probably the switch needs to be replaced.
As for the headlights, they do that if you turn off the ignition before turning off the Headlight Switch. Do it the other way around and they will go off right away.
Regards, Stay Dry Over There.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2001 Voyager Headlights Won't Switch Off!

the only way the headlights will stay on aftre u shut teh van off is if u have auto headlights the big A on the far left hand side of the switch correct and u have it in the A when this happens correct?? if not turn off the headlights before u turn off the van. Next the headlight switch is only an input to tell the BCM to do what u want with the lights