Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2008 T&C: Troubleshoot Sirius

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Default 2008 T&C: Troubleshoot Sirius

Looking for some help and/or advice. I am the second owner of a 2008 T&C (Signature Series if it matters). Called Sirius today to activate, they took the SID & said it was good to go. When I select the SAT option I just see the notice to call to activate. I called back and talked to Sirius Tech support, they sent the signal again, we waited on the phone for 5 minutes - no change. I'm wondering if there is some way I can check to see if maybe there is a wire not connected. I looked at the antenna on the roof and it looks okay, but where it connects inside is a mystery. I can't find anything on the internet in they way of a schematic or wiring diagram. Could a blown fuse be to blame? I appreciate your thoughts on this!

Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 AM

Where did the SID come from.....was the radio ever replaced???( OOps...Youre the second Owner..DUH) If the SID was transcribed from your VIN....its possible that the radio was changed and you have the wrong SID...

With a factory scan tool, in the radio module screen, it will tell you if the antenna is connected. Short of that, its a matter of pulling the radio out and checking the BLUE/PINK antenna connector.

How long have you had the vehicle????

Old 05-28-2011, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the reply!

While in SAT mode I pushed the Menu button & then Subscription to get the SID. It has 2 & I gave them the Audio one - not traffic. The tech support person verified it with me to make sure the first rep didn't mis-type it.

We purchased the vehicle a little over a year ago from Carmax. According to the carfax report it was a repo & Carmax bought it at auction. When we took the car home, the previous owner's address book & music were still on the hard drive so I know Carmax didn't replace the radio, but what happened for the year or so the first owner had the car is a mystery.

We did purchase a warranty so I guess I'll have to take it to be looked at by a professional. I was hoping there might be something to check behind one of the side panels in the rear. Pulling out the radio is more than I'm comfortable doing. I'd probably break something else...

Old 05-28-2011, 03:55 PM

Pulling out the radio is more than I'm comfortable doing. I'd probably break something else...
It isnt really as hard as it looks.....A small Flat blade screwdriver, Pry open the two little flaps, remove the two phillips screws under the flaps.....

The Trim plate is "Clipped in" so gently pry it away from the dash. Once it is out of the way, 4 phillips screws hold the radio in.

It might be a good Idea to make sure the decal on top of the radio, and the SID in the menu "MATCH".