Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't unstow

Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Default 2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't unstow

Just bought this vehicle. The left seat was stowed, and the right (single seat) was up, but folded over (the seat back). Stowed it, so both 3rd row seats are now stowed. They are manual, not electric seats. Wanted to raise the right seat, using the strap, but it won't come up. Raised the Left seat, and it comes up fine. Best I can tell these are just hinged on the back and should just swing right up like the left one does. Can't imagine what is holding it back from coming up.

Tried unbolting the hinge from the body, but still will not come out. What am I doing wrong? 2011 Town & Country (middle model).

Old 01-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Try pushing down on it first (or stand on it). It's possible it wasn't fully latched together when stowed, so pulling on the strap it's just lifting the bottom (seating part) and binding and not both the seating part and the backrest..

Worth a shot.

JK

Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Default 2011 Town & Country 3rd Row seat won't un-stow

Turns out if you open the other 3rd row seat, and have someone pull on the strap of the stuck one, you can see the seat back on the stuck one jam against the rear of the seat well as it comes up. It wasn't latched, as the above poster suggests. Had it to the dealer, and watched as he tried to un-stow the seat with the other one already out of the seat well. I could see the seat back jamming against the rear of the seat well. Just put your hand under the seat back and lift it up as you pull the strap up and the seat will come out. I am sure I am not the only one that ever had that trouble with the manual seats. Now, at least, they can figure out the issue if they read these posts. Thanks johnnyk.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Quick suggestion - when you stow these 3rd row seats, make sure that strap #4 is up between the cushion and the well. Then pull on this #4 strap and everything should lift normally.