Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power 3rd row seat -major issues.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Default Power 3rd row seat -major issues.

Hi guys,

I have an '08 Town and Country LTD and have been having an issue with the power 3rd row seats. I have mentioned it before in other posts on this forum, but here it gets its own thread.

I have been to the dealer 3 times for this issue. The first time they couldn't repair it and had to order parts (a new motor for the bigger seat, the left side). When the motor came in, they tried to install it and realized they ordered the right side motor not the left! WOW. They had to reorder the left side motor and I had to come back. Now yesterday was my appointment to install said motor.

After all day working on it, they realized that the new part WOULD NOT fix the issue. They apparently were on the phone with Chrysler tech all day long. It seems that the only way to fix this issue is to GET AN ENTIRELY NEW SEAT.

Now here is the kicker, apparently, because the van is still too new, they do not have any seats made up. THEY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM THE FACTORY. I have no idea how long that will take, but it sounds like it may be at least 2-3 months.

I am at my wits end!

Old 04-01-2023, 05:22 AM
Default Here is a video showing how to repair stocked 3rd row power seats.

VIDEO How to Repair the Frozen mini-gear on each seat back corners.
These gear block the henge movements and therefore the corner (1or2) will not move up the back from the unfolded position after seat hatches up to the floors. Note if you have faults of functions DO NOT HELP THE SEAT MOVING but fix the problem. If you help the very powerfull motors they can flip the stearingbrods around and even twist the henges & fixtures until they looks like a spring g break the rods & guides. Prevent failures - grease spray all links & bushings & springs &bcables & guide with a little wd40 every 2 years (same apply to the adjustable food-brakes rods and links & screw-shaft).

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by Gumby
Hi guys,
I have an '08 Town and Country LTD and have been having an issue with the power 3rd row seats. I have mentioned it before in other posts on this forum, but here it gets its own thread.

I have been to the dealer 3 times for this issue. The first time they couldn't repair it and had to order parts (a new motor for the bigger seat, the left side). When the motor came in, they tried to install it and realized they ordered the right side motor not the left! WOW. They had to reorder the left side motor and I had to come back. Now yesterday was my appointment to install said motor.

After all day working on it, they realized that the new part WOULD NOT fix the issue. They apparently were on the phone with Chrysler tech all day long. It seems that the only way to fix this issue is to GET AN ENTIRELY NEW SEAT.

Now here is the kicker, apparently, because the van is still too new, they do not have any seats made up. THEY HAVE TO ORDER IT FROM THE FACTORY. I have no idea how long that will take, but it sounds like it may be at least 2-3 months.

I am at my wits end!
Here is a video showing how to repair the Frozen mini-gear on each seat backs corners. This gear block the henge movements and therefore the corner (1or2) will not move up the rear seat back from unfolded position.

Note if you have faults of functions DO NOT HELP THE SEAT MOVING but fix the problem. If you help the very powerfull motors they can flip the stearingbrods around and even twist the henges & fixtures until they looks like a spring g break the rods & guides.

Prevent failures - grease spray all links & bushings & springs &bcables & guide with a little wd40 every 2 years (same apply to the adjustable food-brakes rods and links & screw-shaft).