Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2011 Town and Country owners yet?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:09 PM

First post-

Also first time T&C (or any van) owner. Just got it last week. Had the dealer add a DVD over-head. Looking to add U-connect and/or remote start. Have any of you added either of these?

@Djinn-n-Tonic, have you installed either of these?

Old 01-02-2012, 05:37 PM

We absolutely love our T&C!

I'm really looking forward to our first roadtrip, as preliminary MPG on local trips seems really impressive. Our Pacifica struggled to get 20 HWY, this is showing major fuel savings.

If this vehicle lasts as long as our last 3 MOPARS w e wil be very happy!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:11 PM

Update-
Ordered the factory remote start from a dealer on Amazon. Should come in this week. I'm told the local dealer will activate it for about 1 hr labor. Different dealers telling me different stories on the U-connect. Could be as much as $500 + labor. Might just skip that one, if it's that high.

Originally Posted by 2011_T&C
First post-

Also first time T&C (or any van) owner. Just got it last week. Had the dealer add a DVD over-head. Looking to add U-connect and/or remote start. Have any of you added either of these?

@Djinn-n-Tonic, have you installed either of these?

Old 01-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Default 2011 T&C Limited

We took delivery of a new 2011 T&C Limited about 2 months ago. So far, we've put over 7000 km on it. It comes with almost everything.

Over Christmas, we need to go from Toronto to Quebec City with 4 adults and 2 teenagers and all the luggage. Plenty of space. DVD's keep the kids happy. Satelitte radio kept me in comedy the entire time.

Love the Blind Spot monitor and cross-traffic sensor.

The review camera lense needs constant cleaning. Anybody know how to keep it clean?

We had a 2008 T&C (unfortunately, it was totaled). I actually preferred the NAV system on that over the Garmin on this model. Mainly due to the fact that the radio would display the moving map, instead of having the choice of either the radio displayed or the GPS.

I like the DIC, but wonder why they didn't include Transmission temperature? I know that other Chryslers have it.

Enter-n-Go system is amazing. I love never having to fumble for my keys.

Steve

Old 01-22-2012, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Comrade
After seeing the TSB, they ordered the DVD and did the software update, and the improvement in the camera was amazing!

Was this a "factory" dealer added DVD player that runs off the in dash head unit??

Old 01-22-2012, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2011_T&C
First post-

Also first time T&C (or any van) owner. Just got it last week. Had the dealer add a DVD over-head.

Same question- Is this a "factory" DVD player that runs off the factory radio in dash head unit?

When we bought ours, we found one that had everything we wanted EXCEPT factory DVD. They assured me it was no problem to add one.

Now they are telling me the 2011 cant be a like factory add in run from the head unit model, but instead an aftermarket style that you insert the discs in the unit itself, rear area.

They are claiming it is part of the changes made in 2011 and its not like it used to be- add in available.

thanks!

Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 AM

It looks like the factory unit, but it does not work off the DVD player in the dash. We do not have to load the disks in the back. They installed the player in the dash in a cubbyhole at the bottom. The only bad part is you can't see the movie playing, so you are dependent on those watching to tell us it is playing or just the menu. My child is 4, so it's hard get the message across sometimes. I like having them separate, as the rider(s) get the DVD and up front we get the radio.

Originally Posted by CavVet
Same question- Is this a "factory" DVD player that runs off the factory radio in dash head unit?

When we bought ours, we found one that had everything we wanted EXCEPT factory DVD. They assured me it was no problem to add one.

Now they are telling me the 2011 cant be a like factory add in run from the head unit model, but instead an aftermarket style that you insert the discs in the unit itself, rear area.

They are claiming it is part of the changes made in 2011 and its not like it used to be- add in available.

thanks!