Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s

anyone tell me what this hose connects to?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 09:23 AM
Question anyone tell me what this hose connects to?

so I finally got some axle stands to look for another coolant leak and it is coming from this u-shaped 16mm hose that is next to oil filter I guess. anyway I have got the hose off now and ordered the only one I could find on ebay, my question is this, what is it connecting. each end connects to a solid pipe and why on earth they didn't just keep it sealed and put the smallest pipe there instead.
by the looks of it my filter hasn't been changed in a very long time either so next on my job

Attached Thumbnails anyone tell me what this hose connects to?-1507208_10152637078368596_4937107147414903468_n.jpg  
Old 01-17-2015, 10:47 AM

it is the oil filter lol Unipart GFE 496 after cleaning some of that muck off it. so the old u-shaped hose is off and now car GV is going to be sat there until Tuesday with no anti-freeze in it, cold nights expected so I hope all will be ok and it not cause any problems. hose was full of splits and holes, one I have ordered is this
APS 180 Degree U-Shape Bend Silicone/Silicon Hose - Rubber/Coolant/Radiator/Pipe | eBay
only one I could find :/
oh and a quick question, I have a standard jack that comes with the car but can never get it to hook on the flange because of the side door running steps, is there any other safe spot I can use as a jacking point and where is the best place to put axle stands? god I sound a right tit here but I just want it to be secure

Old 01-17-2015, 02:26 PM

If you look under the car you should be able to see some marks, grooves, where you can put the standard jack, but you can safely put the jack a little "deeper" under the car as long as it stays on the heavy chassis.
I find the standard jack pretty decent for the job, even whit such a heavy car.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:10 PM

Your issued scissor jacking points are

Name:  8ffJW2D.png
Views: 463
Size:  101.4 KB

Old 01-17-2015, 04:30 PM

cheers guys, might have to see if I can adjust the side rail running step because it is just too close. I got some free time on my hand seeing as the new hose will not get here until Tuesday at the latest so time to have a look at my boot (power tailgate lift) and see if I can get that working again and also look at the wiring harness in the power sliding door d/side to see why that only works when closing but not when I want it to open. on the plus side my GV passed its MOT yesterday with only 4 advisory items well chuffed
* rear (both) direction indicator slightly discoloured -- easy fix, just put orange bulbs in
* rear (all) brake pipes slightly corroded --- can wait till summer then take it garage
* Front brake disc worn, pitted or scored but not seriously weakened --- might be one for next month at a garage (I am sure it is easy but don't think I will have the tools for it)
* oil leak --- must be a very small leak somewhere because my oil level always looks fine

not too bad hey for a 13 year old, had more issues with my last car which was 4 years newer but then it was French

Old 01-17-2015, 06:11 PM

- tailgate chain #25
- sliding door works when closing [because its straight] not opening [because its stressed] see youtube sliding door fix

Old 01-18-2015, 03:28 AM

Thank you QinteQ

Old 01-18-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by QinteQ
- tailgate chain #25
The 2002 minivans don't use a chain. The chain fix applies to 2008 and up minivans only.

George

Old 01-19-2015, 04:14 AM

Yep after much hassle getting the side panel off it looks like a gear system powered by the motor, one of the cogs was rather loose so tightened up the nut, gave it all a good clean because it looks like someone a few years ago had squirted a load of oil all over it and it just gathered all types of dirt and grime so gave it a good clean and wiped the sensor etc and now the tailgate lift seems to be working fine again
As for the sliding door, I cant see any broken wires but they were very heavily wrapped in tape restricting movement and 4 links in the black plastic track are damaged so taken them out, just going to finish putting it back together in the next hour or so and hopefully all will be ok.
That u-shaped hose I am waiting for should be here today or tomorrow morning and I think it links from the water pump to either the oil cooler or thermostat, either way I am hoping that was the only source of my coolant leak.
just want to say thanks to everyone in the forum because without this site I would never have got hold of a user/service manual for my GV and hours of reading new and old posts gives me great insight into common issues and possible fixes/advice