Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Start Lights Staying On

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 07:53 AM
Unhappy Auto Start Lights Staying On

I have a 2011 T&C Van. The other day I parked my van and turned it off and went inside of a store. When I came out about an hour later it appeared my rear lights were on. I figured I must have bumped my keys as I walked to the van and thought really nothing of it.
When I got home that day I turned off my van and went inside. 3 hours later my wife came home and said I left my parking lights on in my van. When I went outside, sure enough the round LED in the front as well as the LED in the rear are on. I opened the door and looked to see if I had moved my switch from AUTO to manual. The switch was still on Auto. I turned the switch on and off and went back inside. Came back out an hour later and the same lights are on again.
Through testing and looking it appears the same lights that come on when the vehicle is remote started stay on... all the time, even if you DO NOT remote start.
I unplugged the battery over night hoping to reset whatever happened. They next morning, as soon as I plugged the battery back in those lights came on again.
Doing what every person does when they can not figure something out, they hit Google. I see a ton of problems with the Remote Start turning on and then off but none yet about those lights.
Has anyone seen this? Has anyone been able to fix this? Or am I just the lucky guy who has something really odd wrong with his van and need to just throw my wallet and credit card at it to get it fixed?

I have 130K miles, Had the heads replaced about 6k miles ago. My check engine light is on, however prior scans are telling me it is a 4th gear RPM shifting issue. I have NOT scanned since this latest issue started.