Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Drainage

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 04:53 AM

Ok will do, the car was fine this morning as I loaded a few things into it before work, It opened and closed with the remote fob.
On my return from work an hour ago the wipers have moved indicating a flat battery, I haven't checked it, I'm waiting till its time to set off tonight and will jump start it from the other vehicle if necessary.
Its a 400km journey to the ferry port, we park up for the night (another opportunity for it to go flat!) and catch the 10am ferry to the UK and then another 450Km journey to my destination, So yes it will be fully charged by then so will try your suggestion tomorrow night at my mothers.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 AM

i kept on draining my battery when i first got my grand voyager. i didnt realise i had been leaving my ignition in the accessory position and thus leaving all the electrics on all night. now i remove my key at the notched position and no longer hear the bleep when i open the door( which id ignord before) and the battery is always fine.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by frizzby5
Ok will do, the car was fine this morning as I loaded a few things into it before work, It opened and closed with the remote fob.
On my return from work an hour ago the wipers have moved indicating a flat battery, I haven't checked it, I'm waiting till its time to set off tonight and will jump start it from the other vehicle if necessary.
Its a 400km journey to the ferry port, we park up for the night (another opportunity for it to go flat!) and catch the 10am ferry to the UK and then another 450Km journey to my destination, So yes it will be fully charged by then so will try your suggestion tomorrow night at my mothers.
- pulling the IOD when on the ferry should reduce parasitic draw and the potential for 'ghost' switching
- everything to gain and nothing to loose, its designed to - pull up to break the circuit - but leave it in place so it never gets lost
- best of luck !

Old 03-23-2013, 05:09 AM

The battery died on our 2.5 last week. It still had it's original chrysler/daimler battery in it from new and the car is now 12 years old with 137k miles!! I know this as it was my in laws car from new although they rarely ever used the electric doors and the car was doing regular journeys of 200+ motorway miles every week.

The battery i replaced it with was too long for the tray so i just did a bit of 'adjustment' on the tray. With 1000cca i've not had any problems since but the rear wiper no longer works.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by jezza
The battery died on our 2.5 last week. It still had it's original chrysler/daimler battery in it from new and the car is now 12 years old with 137k miles!! I know this as it was my in laws car from new although they rarely ever used the electric doors and the car was doing regular journeys of 200+ motorway miles every week.

The battery I replaced it with was too long for the tray so I just did a bit of 'adjustment' on the tray. With 1000CCA I've not had any problems since but the rear wiper no longer works.
- agreed, I always suggest a minimum 800CCA in the UK for a CRD, the 2.8 is a 'big lump' when its cold, its an even bigger lump over 5 years old
- but you have to 'make~it~fit', see here
- the minimum starting point should be an 019, different people have chosen different 019 solutions with good results

Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM

I can't see a single IOD fuse that controls the things you mention, they all seem to have individual fuses/relays !

Cheers RAW700, I never gave that option a second thought I now conciously make sure the key is in that position and so far no flat battery but then again it's gone over a week sometimes before it's gone down on me.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:38 PM

- Fuse F14 - 20 Amp Yellow
- #23 will give you the 'key dance' and the 'acrimonious divorce'
- all the fuses are listed inside the lid, the IOD is bottom left hand side as you read the lid ! see # 5 here

Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM

Battery is fine so far as long as I remove the key at the 'notched' position as Raw700 says so fingers crossed I've not got anything more serious to resolve (at the moment!)
Minor problems are that I've lost my dash lights when I last jump started the car, I keep forgetting to check the fuse box !
and I've broke my interior bonnet/hood catch and need to find a replacement !

Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 AM

fab news! see us women are not just good for washing up!! lol

Old 03-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Unhappy Females

Originally Posted by raw700
fab news! see us women are not just good for washing up!! lol
Never had a problem with female drivers who know what to do under the bonnet.
my problem now is since it let me down last time my dash lights are out, the fuses are ok but not sure how to check the green square ones or relays ?

Quick Reply: Battery Drainage