Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor Replace caused AC to stop ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Default Blower Motor Replace caused AC to stop ???

Hello all,

First post on the forum so go easy on me

Desperate for a solution...decided to spend some time working on my wife's 2010 T/C touring yesterday. I had to replace the ERG valve for a code, after fighting with that I decided to change the front blower motor that I had ordered a few months ago because it was squealing intermittently...

Swapped it out and took the van for a ride to see if the ERG was doing OK, popped on the AC and poof, nothing but warm air....this AC was rock solid all the time, just the day before it was ice cold on a small 1.5 hour trip back and forth...

Doesn't even look like the call is getting to the compressor clutch, no spin, nothing...

Could I have done something during the blower motor swap ? I had to give a fairly good tug to get the wiring lead out of the plastic guide, but it never occurred to me I could mess something up under there...

I assumed it was maybe a relay or a fuse and from what I am seeing there are no relays for the AC compressor ?? the two fuses I saw related seemed fine...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, going on a week long trip next week and this is going to stink with no A/C..