Chrysler Voyager & Town & Country The first and foremost name in minivans leading the class since their inception in the 1980s
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Default Brake light issues

Hi guys

Not sure if I actually have problem here but thought I'd check it out anyway. I only just my first grand voyager and tonight I jumped into the drivers seat after the wife had been driving and needed to move the seat back as it was too far forward and because I was cramped I put my foot on the brake.

No keys in the ignition and the ignition was off not in the ACC position but the brake lights lit up. Is this correct....? I would have thought with the ignition off there should be no power to the brake light switch.

Old 11-12-2011, 07:37 PM

That's normal. It should work that way.

I believe that on every car I've owned over the last fifty years....., the brake lights have gone on on every one of them when I depressed the brake pedal, no matter whether the key was on or not.

I'm also pretty sure that the headlights and parking lights have also worked, (as well as the 4-way flashers in recent years), on all of them.

On the newer cars with computers, the headlights and interior lights will usually go off after a certain amount of time...., but the brake lights will still work.